Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

A loud knocking woke Shouta up from his sleep. Groggily, he looked around and found Ren beside him on the bed where they had fallen asleep the night before. Ren was curled away from him, his back toward him and his face against the wall. It was as if he was trying to run away from Shouta even in his sleep. The knocking continued and Shouta grumbled as he got up and made his way down into the cafe.

Able to see who it was even from the large windows, both Shouta and the person knocking instantly froze, however a small excited voice called out, "Sensei!"

On the other side of the door was Misaki and his father, Jun. Jun had a surprised expression on his face and his hand was still lifted in mid knock. Embarrassed, Shouta hurried forward and let the both of them inside from the cold.

"Hi," Shouta said to Jun sheepishly. Misaki, on the other hand, was jumping up and down excitedly, his small face alight with joy.

"Sensei! What're you doing here? You're taking me?" He reached up his small chubby arms that were encased with layer after layer of clothing to keep him warm. Automatically Shouta reached out and picked Misaki up, cradling him against his body.

Misaki grinned and patted Shouta's cheek, giggling. Still stunned opposite of them, Jun was staring at Shouta with his mouth hanging open.

"Ren?" Was the only coherent thing that escaped his lips. Misaki was still giggling, playing with Shouta's unbound hair, twirling the strands around his fingers again and again.

"Upstairs," Shouta said, clearing his throat, "Still sleeping."

"Why," Jun gulped looking past him and towards the stairs, "Why are you here, Sensei?"

"Um... well long story." Shouta chuckled, lightly pulling his hair away from Misaki's little hands. "It might be better if Ren tells you."

"Uh..huh..." Jun muttered, watching Shouta chide Misaki quietly for playing with his hair.

"Shouta," a call came from the top of the stairs, "I heard voices. Who is here?" Ren came down the stairs scratching his stomach under his shirt as he yawned. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night because he had to consciously fight himself from touching Shouta. When he glanced down and saw Shouta holding Misaki and Jun staring dumbfounded at Shouta, it took him a second to realize why.

Dashing down the stairs as fast as possible, Ren grabbed Misaki from Shouta and hissed in his ear, "Go put some pants on!"

Shouta was standing in the middle of the cafe in nothing but a pair of briefs and a black t-shirt. Jun's eyes were staring hard passed Shouta's face, trying not to look down. Realizing what he was wearing, Shouta glanced down and said, "Oops."

With a small grin at Ren's show of jealousy, Shouta reached out and lightly trailed his fingers along Ren's arm as he dashed back upstairs to fetch a pair of pants. Both of this was not lost on Jun who watched everything with wide eyes.

"Stop looking at him." Ren hissed, moving to stand in front of Jun with narrowed eyes. This made Jun clear his throat and look away, feeling uncomfortable. "Why are you here?"

"Kichirou's morning sickness is really bad this time." Jun began, "and he can't keep his regular medicine down. Both of us didn't want Kichirou's pheromones to effect Misaki, so we wanted to know if you could take care of Misaki for a couple of days until we could get Kichirou the medicine and it's taken affect."

"Why didn't you call?" Ren asked, lifting his eyebrow. Misaki clung to Ren, giggling at nothing. Jun stared at Ren unsure of how to answer, but looking at the way Ren had come down and at how Shouta was dressed, he immediately knew something was off.