53: bathroom floor.

It's not like I don't like the ring, or love the man who wants to give it to me. The reason for my sudden lack of air, the dizzy spell taking over me and the nausea I felt in my stomach, was because it is beyond the unexpected.

When unexpected things occur you can react in one of two ways. Be completely shocked to the stage where you don't move at all, you probably don't even blink, you're just lost in the swirling sea of thoughts. Or you could react loudly. And by that I mean, you just keep busy to distract yourself from thinking about the unexpected thing that has occurred - tragic or not.

I'm that frozen kind of shocked, standing here holding a box I shouldn't have opened up or even touched in the first place. I shoved the ring box back in the bag, staring at the bag cautiously like it was going to bite my hand off. I walked backwards two or three steps before I hurriedly raced towards the living room, the confused glances from everyone in the room including Harry made my nausea return. Only this time, one I met Harry's eyes with my own, I threw up. In my mouth. I threw the envelope towards Harry and raced for the bathroom, you'd think I am disgusted to find that ring, I'm not, I'm just surprised.

[HARRY'S POV]

She entered the room finally, a strange look on her sudden pale face. She looked at everyone and then at myself, the alarm in her eyes told me something was wrong. I didn't even get a chance to ask as she suddenly made a strange noise and threw the brown envelope towards me. Luna ran past the kitchen and towards the bathroom, the silence in the room I was in, was deafening. I heard the toilet seat creak and then the sound of her vomiting.

Immediately I stood to my feet and listened intently, maybe it's a one off - never mind. She's thrown up again. I could hear her crying, her broken sobs as she called out my name followed by loud coughs and more vomit hitting the toilet bowl.

Sighing I looked around the room. "I'm sorry, I think it's time you all leave."

"Yeah, good idea," Liam cringed. He's always hated somebody being sick, it always makes him gag. Thankfully I'm not the same. "Promise we'll see you soon though, yeah?"

"I promise," this time I actually meant it. "Right get out," I rushed them, the sound of my name falling from my girlfriends lips once again was enough to make me hurry. Once they all headed for the door I entered the kitchen, pouring up a glass of water for Luna. I heard the door shut indicating all my friends had now left the apartment. "I'm just coming Luna!"

I sped walked into the bathroom, her head hanging over the toilet seat and her short brown hair being held back by one of her own hands. The other hand was limply hanging over the toilet seat with vomit on her fingertips, her crying never stopped once. I grabbed her wrist gently and removed it from her hair letting her relax, I picked up a thin brown bobble from the side of the sink and began gathering her hair in my hand to tie it up.

"I'm here, shh, you okay?" I whispered, sitting down beside her and placing the water down beside my knees. I flushed the toilet and lent up to grab a packet of brand new wipes, taking one out and cleaning her hand. "Look at me," I demanded gently. She looked at me with red puffy eyes, she looked so tired and sad. I swiped the wipe over her lips and chin, ridding all the vomit from her face.

"I have a fear of throwing up," she shrugged.

"That's why you're crying?" All she did was nod and rest her head down on my shoulder. I ran my hands over her shoulders and back, soothingly calming her ragged breathing as much as I could. "I'll always be here if you need me okay."

She looked up at me and her brown doe eyes widened increasingly, before I could even take a puff of breath, she threw up in the toilet again. "Are you coming down with a sickness?" I asked.

"No," she shook her head. "I'll be fine."

"Okay, lets get you to bed then," I sighed, prepping myself to get up. Except when I did stand up she didn't, she just lay herself down on the bathroom floor and slipped one of her arms under her head.

"I want to stay here," she muttered, her eyelids dropping as she dozed off.

"Okay," I whispered. I sat myself down, lifting up her head and shoulders to rest her upper body on my thighs. She was on her side facing away from me and my long fingers played with her hair. I pulled the hair band out and slid my fingers through her soft hair, making small braids that I used to do for Gemma when she used to want wavy hair. I began to hum along to a song I heard on the radio, I only actually memorised three lines so it was just a continuous humming of the same three lines over and over again.

"I do love you Harry, you know that right?" She asked out of nowhere.

I chuckled lightly, resting my back against the bathtub behind me. "I know. And I love you, maybe even more than you'll ever realise. Do you know that?"

"I figured," she muttered. "Do you want more with me?"

"What do you mean?" I asked casually.

"Like... Well I don't know," she mumbled. I let my hand hold hers that rested on her hip, our fingers lacing with one another's. God I love her touch, if one day I can never touch her ever again - that would hurt so much more. I like just being able to hold her hand, it makes me feel less alone in this messy world. "Like what do you want with me in the future?"

"I mean, I want what everyone wants," I frowned, I'm not sure where this is coming from but I do want to hear what she wants with me. I'm in this for the long run, and she damn well knows that. "I would want to have a house, maybe some kids if that's what you wanted and obviously I'd like to marry you eventually."

She rolled herself over so she could look up at me, our hands now interlocked together on top of her stomach. "You want to marry me... Eventually? What does eventually mean?"

I felt one of my eyebrows lift as I skeptically looked down at her. "Where is all of this coming from?"

"Just answer my question."

"Well yeah I'd like to marry you. Obviously when you're ready for such a big step -"

"When I'm ready? What makes you think I'm not ready now?"

Is she asking me to purpose to her? "You're nineteen this year, you're still a child Luna."

Her body sat up quickly and she shuffled away from me, getting to her feet and leaving the room. I sat dumbfounded, what did I do? What even just happened in here? One second she's throwing up her insides and the next she's talking about marriage. Before I could stand up and follow after her she reentered the bathroom, something in her hand as she came into view.

"So what's this then?" She practically whimpered, pain etched in her facial features as she threw the small item into my lap with such force.

I didn't dare touch the tiny item in my lap, the tiny item I had been hiding in my work bag for weeks. I should never have asked her to get that envelope, she'd never have seen it and we wouldn't be in this situation. It's obvious she doesn't want this, she just threw up over the whole thing.

The thought of marrying me repels her that much?

"Before I say anything, I want to give you this chance to back out," I began, getting to my feet, nervously swaying from one foot to the other as I held the tiny box in my hands. "If you aren't in this for the long run I need you to tell me that right now Luna. Back out and leave if this isn't what you want. I can't lie this ring is for you, and it's not some promise ring this time, it's the real deal. If you don't want me to ask the next question you seem to dreading, walk away and tell me to go. Tell me you don't want me anymore, that you don't love me, and you don't want a future with me. I'm in this for the long run and I really hope you are too... So back out now and walk away if you aren't."

And just like that, everything changed.

___________________________

A/n: short but dramatically filled enough for you to be at the edge of your seat.

Do you want them to get engaged????

I already have the next chapter ready, but I'd be interested in your input.