Together Atlast: Chapter 21

Jakes POV

It was a few days after my best friend had found out the gender of her baby. Today was day that'll we'll all find out what's been clawing at the edge of our brains. Which is if it's a boy or girl. I personally hope it's a boy so I can teach him how to kick ass. But then again maybe a girl.

"Kriss!"

I slip on my black leather jacket while calling out to my procrastinating boyfriend. He probably still hadn't even had on his pants and was walking around in his underwear.

"Don't worry, I'm getting ready!"

He yells back. I sigh before walking down stairs to see him reaching for a donut that we had previously got from Krispy Kreme earlier today. Walking up to him, I quickly take the glaze donut out his hand as soon as he grabs it making him yelp in surprise from haven't seeing me.

"Getting ready huh?"

He glares and tries to snatch the donut back out of my hand but fails; seeming I was now dangling it above my head so he wasn't able to reach.

"Give it back!"

He whines while still attempting to grab it. I stick my tongue out like a little kid, smiling as he was getting annoyed from my teasing.

"Nope"

"But I was gonna eat that! No one touches my food so give.it.back"

He says, the glare still present on his face like ornaments on a Christmas tree. I just smirk and shake my head no, continuing to dangle the now partly crumbled donut higher.

"We have to get ready Kriss. She wanted us there by seven and it's six-thirty-five. I don't know about you but I don't wanna deal with an angry woman"

"I could've been already done with it by now and getting ready but no, you decided to come and delay that process. So if she's gonna be angry with anybody it's gonna be you"

He says huffing and walking up the stairs; not before sneaking a donut out the half dozen filled box. I roll my eyes and walk into the down stairs bathroom to make sure my hair was looking at least a little amount of decent. I put a little gel on my hand and run my fingers through it a couple times before I'm finally satisfied with the way it looked.

"Kriss, babe, hurry up!"

I yell up the stairs while turning on my phone and looking at the time. It had read Six-forty-two. Oh shit. I'm seriously considering on leaving the house without him at this point.

"Okay okay I'm coming"

He yells back. A couple minutes later I heard the pitter patter of feet rushing down the stairs. Kriss came into view, quickly slipping on his pink and black colored air Jordan's. They went pretty well his black skinny jeans and his fitted pink t-shirt that matched the pink in his shoes.

"Well don't you look like a snack today huh"

"I look like a snack everyday Jake"

He says with a scoff, opening the front door and walking out. I swear, what am I gonna do with this one? He left the door open for me and I quickly walk out, shutting and locking it behind me. We're so gonna be late.

I start the engine, driving off after making sure we were both buckled up. McKenzie made sure to emphasize on not to be late and in this case, we were. Madisons house isn't that far away so we'll only be like ten minutes late considering it was now seven o'clock. They decided we would have it there rather than Kenzie's apartment.

What I don't get is why she's taking 'tardiness' so seriously when it's only gonna be a few people there. Mom, Kyle, Damion (if she chose to invite him) and then Kriss and I. Like what's the big deal.