V

you can't be wise and in love at the same time

Rose leaned back on the plush bed in exhaustion, unpacking all her stuff had seriously worn her out

But even if sleep was trying to take over, Rose still had many questions.

What was she even doing here? Why did her father want her to call Roman, Alpha? And why had he gotten so upset about it? Why had his eyes changed colors when he looked at her in the car? It was all confusing her to the point her head was starting to hurt.

A soft knock was heard and she shot up in bed, rubbing her eyes and trying to rid herself of the exhaustion. "Yes?" she called out.

Roman walked in and smiled at her softly. "Dinner's ready, love."

She yawned and nodded, while he watched with a frown. "Are you tired, angel?"

Rose blushed at the endearment and shook her head, though he knew she was lying. She got up from the bed and walked toward him, waiting for him to lead the way. Together they walked to the kitchen, Roman and his wolf ecstatic at the thought of sharing a meal with their mate.

When they got to the kitchen, however, both of them started to smell the scent of something burning.

Roman's eyes widened and he rushed to the oven to see the chicken burnt. How had he managed to do that? His wolf smacked him mentally for ruining the meal.

Behind him, Rose was trying to hold in her giggles. She managed to put the pieces together when she saw the empty package on the counter and Roman's disappointed face. This very same situation had happened the first time her father had tried to cook dinner for her.

He looked at Rose with fondness and awe at the sound of her soft giggles. "You left the oven on even though they were done cooking, didn't you?"

Roman nodded, clearly embarrassed. Rose finally erupted into full blown laughter and Fenris fought to be let out at the pleasurable sight. Roman controlled him however and lifted Rose into his arms, her body still shaking from laughter.