One

Holy shit, please follow FlamingFriendship , they deserve way more followers than they have!! (Seriously, their stories are fucking amazing)

Y/n POV

"This weekend, you two are coming to mine." Laken says, her eyes glued to her phone.

"What if I don't wanna go to yours?" Bexley chuckles, rolling her eyes.

Laken grins and turns her phone off. "Too bad, 'cause you're coming whether you like it or not."

"Why is it so important we go?" I ask, placing my hands on the table that sits in the middle of the cafeteria.

"We haven't hung out for a while!" Lake's eyes switch between Bexley and me.

"We're hanging out right now, aren't we?" Bex shrugs.

"I mean outside of school!" Lake rolls her eyes. "And my parents will be gone so I thought we could have Rowen over this time." She rushes out.

My eyes grow. "Rowen will be there?"

"If he agrees, yeah." Lake nods, a smirk growing. "Is that a problem?"

"You could make a move if he's there, this should be good!" Lake lightly slaps my shoulder.

"Make a move?" I raise a brow. "As much as you two ship us, it will never happen. He's like a brother to me, we grew up together."

"Oh, he's too deep in the friend zone." Bex shakes her head, playing along with Lake's game.

"I feel bad for the guy." Lake sighs.

"Why? Its not like he'd want to be in any other zone." I giggle. Lake sends me a look that says "Are you kidding me?".

"What?" I put my hands up in defense.

"She's completely oblivious." Bex sighs sarcastically. "Theres nothing we can do."

"Hey," A voice gains our attention. "Queer Greer, how ya doin'?" Alex Jones loudly greets his friend.

Greer Jenson, whose nickname is Queer Greer, was just suspended for two days for threatening another student. Today was his first day back and of course his best friend, Alex Jones, made a big deal about it and made sure everyone knew he was back. Once he came out to his friends, Alex and his group began calling him Queer Greer. Soon, others heard about the nickname and word spread quickly. Greer was obviously uneasy about the school knowing, but realized his friends would stand up for him against anyone.

Alex is the kinda guy that can make the class laugh with just a simple look, can be friends with anyone he wants, everybody loves him. And basically the whole basketball team is the same. Its like they were all made with the same personalities, just slightly different. Like Tyler Scheid for example, he seems more quiet than the others and more responsible. Ethan Nestor, he is the best on the team. Ethan is really into film and photography while the others can't take a good selfie.

Ethan and Brian(I don't know Brian's last name😩) are best friends and always have been. There isn't a second of the day they aren't together. They're attached at the hip. Everyone loved the two, no one had a reason to dislike them. They were both sweet guys who would easily give up their day to make someone smile, but they were intimidating as hell. Just a single look from them can make even a teacher fear them. They're nice guys, but they can be assholes when they want.

Bexley has always been annoyed by the whole team, she thinks they're cocky, stereotypical jocks. All they have to do is breathe wrong, and she's talking about it as if they murdered someone. Laken on the other hand is the complete opposite. She drools over them. Anything they do is hot through her eyes. They post a picture on Instagram, shes the first to like it. They have a game, shes there. She will do anything for their attention. It's quite amusing.

I myself, don't have an opinion on them. They're people just like us, they've done nothing to us, why should I hate them? Cute? Absolutely not. They're not ugly, but they aren't cute. They're just people.

Our school was different. In other schools, the football(American) team was usually the popular one. Its as if the football team was the sun of those schools and the students were the planets. But thats not how it worked here. Nobody cared much for the football team, its the basketball team everyone cared about. The whole school district loved the sport, not many payed attention to the others. It was honestly sad. Bex forced me and Lake to go to her older brother's soccer game two years ago and the stands for the visitors were packed. Our stands only had the athlete's parents and a few friends.

"Can't he be quiet? It'd be nice if he'd shut up, everyone knows he's back already!" Bex groans.

"You shut up!" Lake rolls her eyes. "His friend is back after a two days. If I didn't see you that long, I'd react the same way."

"Oh please." Bex rolls her eyes. "He can go two days without his best friend."

"Whatever," Lake rolls her eyes. "Anyway, after school tomorrow you two are riding home with me and staying the night." She tosses her bag over her shoulder, grabs her tray and walks off without another word.

Bexley sighs. "The bell is about to ring. I'm gonna get going before these bastards get any louder." She nods towards the basketball team and picks up her tray to throw it away.

Shoving my phone in my pocket, I pick up my bag and adjust the straps on my shoulders, throwing my tray away before walking out of the cafeteria. Passing the jocks, I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at seeing one of the most popular, most bitchiest girl in our grade getting turned down by Mark Fichbach. This caught Ethan Nestor's attention, making me try to act normal as I walk through the doors and not like I was trying to run away from a serial killer. Because honestly, those looks he gave out were terrifying.

Eventually, I get to my locker. I open the long (color) metal door and pull out my science binder. My locker was pretty empty, all the things I needed were in my bag. I only put the things that wouldn't fit in my bag, in my locker. Slamming the door shut, Rowen strolls up to me with an excited expression plastered on his face.

"Guess who go an A on their math test?" Rowen smirks.

"Anyone but you?" I tease, walking down the semi crowded hallway.

"Complete opposite! Me and that other dude got an A. The rest got a C or under." He smiles in victory.

"Who is that other dude?" I giggle.

"That smart guy that should be in the smart math class but for some reason isn't! Uh, what is his name?" He groans, thinking of the name. "Tucker Wash! That guy!"

"Oh," I nod in realization. "of course that guy would get an A, what did you expect?"

"Me to fail." He rolls his eyes.

I shrug. "Me too, this is a miracle." I joke.

"Fuck you." Rowen laughs.

"Nah, I'm too gay for that shit." (Okay, same XD)

His eyes widen quickly. "What?" He yells.

"I'm kidding," I laugh, causing the sigh of relief from Rowen. "maybe." I add with a smirk before turning down a hallway, leaving the confused male standing in shock.