Prank Night

Katherine and I had decided to stay at a small bed and breakfast whilst in Mystic Falls. I had just freshened up from the journey, fresh out the shower and now ready to find Stefan and my siblings, when Katherine disappeared entirely. I found a note, lying on my bed, open with a familiar scrawl across it.

'Gone to run an errand or two, Look out for Stef for me - K x'

I groaned out loud with frustration upon reading it. We didn't have time for whatever she was planning. We needed to find Stefan, before it was too late. I angrily, shoved on some clothes, before storming outside, only to notice something else. The doppelgänger bitch had also taken my car.

__________________

The first place I wound up at was The Salvatore Mansion. I was almost unsurprised to find it empty. The first thing I did notice however, was my red jacket, hung on the back of a chair in the parlour. I don't even know how it got here, I woke up in Alarics apartment without it and hadn't thought of it since. Although, I did suspect Damon had something to do with it. I grabbed it then, shoving it on over my tshirt, before feeling a weight in the left pocket. My face scrunched up in confusion, before I pulled out my phone, a grin spreading across my face.

I turned it back on, a long list of notifications from everybody I knew here. They were all dated near the beginning of summer. Back when the sacrifice ritual went down. I smiled at the photograph in the background. It was Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and I at our girls night, all smiling happily in The Gilbert's hallway. Jenna had insisted on taking our picture before we headed to see the band play at The Grill. Everything looked strangely normal. Ironic, considering the reality.

I went through my contacts, phoning everybody until eventually Bonnie Bennett picked up.
"Hello? Grace?" She questioned.
"Bonnie? Oh my god-" I started, before an excited shout cut me off.
"Oh my god, It's Grace! Elena, Caroline!" She yelled, before two more voices joined her own through the speakers.
"Grace! You're back!" I heard Caroline say.
"How are you back? What happened?" Elena's voice chimed in over the excited squeals from the other girls.
"Yeah, I am" I laughed, replying to Caroline. "I can explain everything, Elena, but it's a long story" I sighed, glancing to the sunset outside the windows. "Where are you guys, what's happening? No ones picking up their phones?".
"Sorry Grace, we're on the way to school right now". Caroline said excitedly.
"School? Why? What for?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion. Why would they be going to school at night time?
"Caroline's dragging us to senior prank night" Bonnie laughed, I heard a semi-offended "Hey!" in the background as the blonde vampire protested. "But you should come down yourself, explain what happened, is Stefan with you?" The witch continued.
"No, he's not, it's complicated... I'll be down there soon guys, see you in a bit" I bit my lip, hearing a chorus of "bye!" From the three girls, before hanging up the phone.

Senior prank night it is.

________________________

By the time I reached the school, a pitch black darkness had consumed the sky, illuminated only by the moon and a few scattered stars. The eerie silence caused the sound of my footsteps to echo down the hallway as I attempted to find the others. This was one of those moments I was grateful for vampiric hearing. From following the familiar voices, it didn't take me long to find the classroom where everybody was.

I saw a bewildered Matt Donavan standing in the doorway, looking into the classroom infront of him. I could hear Caroline's voice too, Bonnies and Elena's.
"Am I late to the party?" I cut in, causing everybody to glance at me in shock. I confusedly looked at the room; mouse traps were spread across every surface. I shrugged the peculiarity off before grinning at my friends finally.