Midnight Snack

Adult OoT!Link x Reader

---------------------------------------------------------

It was late and you were in bed, trying to sleep. Link was just returning home from helping around Hyrule's Market. You tossed and turned, feeling uncomfortable with how you felt and how the blanket rested on you. Link walked in and closed the door behind him. He set his stuff down and stretched, sitting on the sofa.

After a while with no luck of sleeping, you decide to get up out of the (F/C) covers with a frustrated sigh. Link seemed to still be awake and hasn't heard you coming down the stairs. Your stomach growled and you look at Link, slowly sneaking down the steps. He was softly humming and cleaning his dirty boots.
You rubbed your (E/C) eyes, making it down the stairs and into the kitchen. 'So far, so good..' You thought, Link still not knowing you were awake. 'I can't cook something, he'll smell it..'

You didn't know why you didn't want Link to know that you were awake, but quietly searched the cupboards anyway.
'Hmm..' Your stomach growled again and you glanced back at Link, your (H/C) hair whipping around with your head's movement. Link finished cleaning his boots and he stood up, setting them by the door. You tried being as quiet as you could, but when you weren't paying attention, you knocked some pans into the sink.

You bit your lip and looked at them, Link looking at you with a raised eyebrow. "...(Y/N)? What are you doing?" You put the pans back nervously and your stomach grumbled again.
"U-um.. Nothing..!" He walked into the kitchen and looked around. "You're hungry, aren't you?" Link smirked and you crossed your arms, biting the inside of your cheek a little. "...No...?" He hummed a bit. "I'll cook something up.." You tilted your head slightly.
"You don't-" Link stopped you. "Why not? I'm getting a little hungry myself anyway." He chuckled and started getting things together.
"Do you need any help..?" Link simply shook his head and told you to go wait at the table.

~~~

The food was soon made and you both ate in silence. You kept your (E/C) eyes looking at your bowl and Link just kept looking at you with his deep blue eyes.
It was starting to make you paranoid and so you looked up. "Do I have something on my face...?" You asked him and Link chuckled. "Maybe.." You rolled your (E/C) eyes and smiled a bit. "Why do you keep staring at me, Link?" He tilted his head and moved a strand of your (H/C) hair out of your face.

"Is it wrong for me to want to look at the person I love?" You shook your head as you blushed lightly, laughing a little. Link kissed your nose and took your empty bowl, setting it in the kitchen sink. "We should go to bed.. It's getting quite late, (Y/N).." You stood up and nodded, following Link to your bedroom.

"..Why were you awake, (Y/N)? Was it just hunger keeping you up? Or..." He asked as you laid down next to him and you shrugged. "I guess I feel more comfortable sleeping with you..?" Link blushed and smiled, covering you both with the (F/C) blanket. "Well, i'm here now..." He wrapped his arms around you and you cuddled up to him, closing your eyes. "I love you..." You said quietly and Link responded; "I love you too.."