Chapter 30- you've got magic in your hands

"Best pancakes in the world," Tyler says licking the syrup off his fork.

"More please," Chris asks.

"Mmm, they're so good," Kate moans as she takes in the last bite.

"Seriously Stavish, you've got magic in your hands. I have never ate pancakes this delicious," Cayson comments and I smile.

"It's not my pancakes but you guys are just super hungry since last night. Which is why everything is tasty for you all," I reply back as I give Chris another pancake.

"Pass me the syrup," Chris says and Cayson passes it to him.

"You guys are so lucky that you get to eat her pancakes everyday," Cayson comments.

Tyler chuckles. "You're welcome to come anytime."

I narrow my eyebrows at Tyler who's smiling towards me. He winks making me smile. "Thank you," I mouth and he nods.

"Thanks bro, I'll keep it in mind," Cayson replies back.

"Actually, why don't you stay here with us for the rest of the week?" Chris asks.

Again, I'm taken aback by Chris. I look at him who seems to be genuine about what he's saying. I smile at him and Cayson turns to look at me.

"If the lady of the house doesn't mind," Cayson says, looking at me with a smirk playing on his lips.

I feel everyone look at me and shrug. "I mean uh- I don't mind," I reply back.

"Well, it's settled then," Tyler states and Cayson smiles.

"You're welcome to stay in my room, if you'd like," Ian offers and I smile at him.

"Actually I was hoping he could crash in Venus'—"violet suggests and everyone looks at her, shockingly.

"What?" I almost choke on my orange juice.

"—Of course, you'll sleep in my room," violet completes her sentence and I take a sigh of relief.

"Sure," I reply back.

"Day-night?" Chris asks and we all nod.

"Day-night?" Cayson asks, look at us in a confused manner.

"It's something we do when we're together. As you already know, we're together 24/7 but we like playing this game," Ian starts.

"It's more of a task," Kate objects.

"Task?", Cayson asks.

"We basically stay up all night long and talk about old memories... and share," I explain.

He narrows his brows. "Share?"

"Uh- like our days or feelings about stuff going on in our lives and each others."

He nods.

"That's all?" He asks.

"That suffices it," Ian replies back with a small smile.

Talk about improvement.

"I'd love to just sit around and chitchat but I need to take a shower. So, you guys chill, I'll be back," I say and leave for upstairs.

I take my clothes and a towel and head to the bathroom. Suddenly the door opens and I Cayson peeks his head inside with his eyes closed.

"Can I open my eyes?" He asks.

"Yeah," I reply back as he opened his eyes and smiled.

"Hey," he says walking towards me.

"Hey," I reply back with a small smile.

"So..." he starts and I give him a confusing look.

"So...?"

"I need a towel," he blurts out.

"W-what?" I ask.

"Towel?" He replies back.

"They're in the downstairs closet," I reply back and he smiles and slowly backs away and leaves the room.

What the actual fuck?

He's so weird.

___

As i showered, I leave my room to put my towel up and walk downstairs. To my surprise, I notice Cayson talking and laughing with the others.

They are accepting him, thats a good start.

"Hey Stavish," he says looking at me and I simply smile.

I walk out to the backyard to put my towel in the sun because the drier broke last time we were here. Cayson said something incoherent to my ears and went upstairs.

I walk in and they all look at me. "What?"

"He seems cool," Tyler says.

"Yeah, he's super funny," Chris adds.

Kate gives me a see-I-told-you look and I roll my eyes. "By the way, are you excited?" Violet asks and I narrow my brows at her.

She jumps out of her seat and starts doing the dishes. "Excited, for what?"

"Don't tell me you forgot," Ian says and they all look at me as if I'm dumb.

I look around, dumbly as I have no idea of what's happening with them. "I seriously have no idea."

"Your birthday is coming," Ian finally says after they all give me weird looks.

"Oh," I reply back and sigh.

"Yeah dumbass," Kate smacks my head slowly and I wince.

"What was that for?" I ask as I pamper my head.

"How the fuck do you forget your own birthday?" She asks and I shrug.

"A lot has been going on so I just forgot," I reply back.

"We understand but we are celebrating it because it's your fucking 18th birthday!" Tyler jumps and I chuckle.

"I don't feel like going out so can we keep it indoors?" I ask and they nod.

"Oh it's going to be outdoors, Alright?" Chris jumps. "In the backyard."

"We need to go shopping," Kate suggests and violet leaves the dishes and pulls out the jeep keys.

"Yes we do. I have a long list," violet says.

"Actually I have a list too," Ian replies, standing up.

"I'll just come to accompany Kate," Chris responds as he also stands up.

"I'll be the driver," Tyler suggests and he also stands up.

"You'll be fine here right?" Ian asks.

"Yeah," I reply back.

"I can stay if you like," Ian says.

"No. No. It's fine, you should go," I reply back.

"Sure?" Ian hesitates.

I smile as I turn his around and walk him to the door as the rest of them also walk to the car. "Perfectly sure."

"Alright, see ya in a bit," Tyler says, taking a seat in the drivers seat.

"Bye," I say as I close the door behind them.

I decide to clean my room and walk upstairs. Crap! My birthday is coming and I'm turning 18.

Does this mean she will—?

I stop thinking about her and just pay attention to what's happening at the moment.

I'll see about that when it happens.

___

How was the chapter?

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. It motivates me to write more for you guys.