16. Prince Eric

I don't know how, or when, but my eyes immediately opened

The second my eyes opened, they were met with set of deep blue dilated ones, which only gave me a second to process since my body had already decided to thrash around.

I coughed, my hands slamming against the dampened ground as water shot out my mouth, only strengthening the coughs even further.

I felt like I was just resurrected from an eternal slumber and I wanted to just feel normal again. Familiar voices around me started to talk as I continued to die. "So mouth to mouth does work." Rama huskily chuckled.

After my coughing fit, I finally looked up to who owned the strikingly blue eyes and it was surprisingly Jesse.

I thought he was mad at me forever and never wanted to talk to me again, especially how I talked to him that day at the cafeteria.

My body didn't even have enough energy to release a reaction since I was still so beat up. "W-where are the others?" I croakily asked.

Jesse remained quiet, Sascha running towards me with a towel as he began to speak. "You were the only one that washed up here. We were actually rowing our canoe and then when we saw you lifeless, Jesse suggested we go hel-" Sascha was quickly silenced by Jesse's strong nudge against his shoulder.

"Give me that." Jesse's sharp jawline flexed as he snatched the towel from Sascha. "You okay?" He asked monotonously, helping me get up.

"I-I'm fine, surprisingly." I tiredly breathed out. "We need to find the others."

Everybody else started surrounding me, even Logan who was throwing me a dirty look, his eye still badly discolored from my punch.

Jesse spoke again, his strong hands keeping me balanced. "Who was in your group?"

I coughed as I began to answer, sitting myself away from the lake with Jesse's strong muscular arms holding me. "Well there was Benny, Cadence, Milan, and Posh."

Rama quickly groaned out. "Fuck man, seriously? I feel bad for Cade having to deal with your group's bullshit. I bet none of you twinks even helped row the goddamn boat!"

My voice quickly replied as I glared at him. "Cadence and I were the only ones rowing so shut the fuck up!"

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking too?" Rama's fists tightly clenched towards me as I remained wrapped in the towel, Jesse quickly going in front of me.

Keanu began to speak deeply. "Wow, bro chill, he and the other guys just drowned so calm down." His arms began to block Rama from retaliating any further.

Rama clicked his mouth in annoyance as he turned around. "Cade better be alive, that's all ima say." He surrendered, walking his shirtless self away from us.

I was without a doubt shivering beneath the blanket, Jesse's cold ocean eyes worriedly glancing at me. It was visible he looked worried but didn't know how to help.