Chapter 50

A/N: This chapter is a bit different since it will mostly be her thinking and not much dialogue. 

Lily:

I was currently tossing and turning in my bed. Going over the days events reminded me of my previous life. As unusual as that was for me. Ever since arriving here I had begun to slowly cut myself off from those memories and fully immersed myself into Lily. 

Unfortunately things had begun to give me pause lately. Mostly, the difference between this world now and how it should've been were obvious ones. I mean, they couldn't be anymore obvious. My memory of the game had been faulty at the beginning and I had only remembered bits and pieces but as people begun to spring up those memories begun to flourish. 

Firstly, Helena's mother died in the game and was never mentioned by name. She was more like a mob character that didn't deserve any 'game time'. The only thing the Gamer needed to know was that because of Helena's father her mother died. Due to her mother's death, her Uncle treated her worse than a slave. These events all led to her unlocking the Dark magic inside of her before she went to an Unlocking Ceremony. 

She kept the magic secret and then pursued a type of scholarship to an elite Star User School; which she was accepted in. There she met the capture targets aside from Anthony; he had become her friend when she was 11 and moved into the Nest her Uncle resided in. 

Secondly, Nathaniel's tragic backstory had been that the medicinal plant shop owner had felt bad for the battered boy. After debating the pros and cons, he had decided to gift the boy with an herbal tea that healed most of his wounds. Before the boy left he'd also fed him his prepared lunch for the day. Nathaniel had left the shop and meandered the Nest for a while until he came across a group of bandits. 

The Leader had taken a liking to the boy after seeing the darkness that lurked within his eyes; not to mention he'd already unlocked his magic before coming of age. Nathaniel had run with the group until his birthday and then the entire group had persuaded him to go to the Unlocking Ceremony just in case. Afterwards, they'd all celebrated the fact that he'd been given a scholarship to an elite school. 

This was one of the first things that seemed to veer off course in my life but I couldn't be upset over it since I was all to happy to give Nathaniel a roof to sleep under. No, my worries were about the other oddities that were happening. 

Vincent had popped up seemingly out of nowhere. In the game Vincent hadn't even attended the same Elite School as the others. He wouldn't appear until years later when Nathaniel went back for his revenge. Helena had lent a helping hand alongside their other friends, forming a small group, as they slaughtered the entire manor of despicable humans. 

That gave me pause. Had something happened? How'd Vincent get out of there? .... I don't think I should contemplate the intricacies of the events that led to the boy's presence in our home. Regardless of that though, I've noticed that he seemed rather slow. In the game he was very silent for the most part but he didn't seem, dare I say, stupid. Not saying he is stupid but I've noticed that he seems to have difficulty understanding or speaking out about some things. 

Onto the other little problem or maybe it's a big problem. What in the world was that energy fluctuation? In the game there had never been any event that happened to link it with anything. Why did it change? I'm beginning to have a bad feeling about the consequences for my transmigration into this Otome Game. Was it caused by my soul merging with a body belonging to this Universe?

Lastly, Leonard Caddigan. Maybe the other things seemed larger in comparison but he was the reason why I had begun to think about all these issues. In the game, Leo was flirtatious and lacked the drive to become a 'heavy hitter'. Which was a shame since he came from a well distinguished Warrior Class Family. 

Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember that his background story was something horrible as well. Some of the capture targets didn't have bad background stories and you'd have thought Leo with his easygoing personality and teasing wouldn't have a dark past. He did tend to get drunk and party a lot though. One of the biggest rumors about him was that he was a playboy who gave no regard to women even if he shamelessly hit on any who passed by him. 

All of this led to one thing in my mind: I was the cause. None of these things would've happened if I hadn't joined this world. Even though I've avoided remembering the story in the game, for some reason the 'plot' has completely diverged from the original mold. That wouldn't bother me half as much if I didn't feel a slight sense of dread about what the future may hold for everyone in Meridia. 

Back on Earth there was an old saying about things like this: The Butterfly Effect. This had never made any sense to me especially when people jokingly would say that a butterfly batting their wings could cause tsunamis elsewhere due to the butterfly effect. It had sounded hilarious at the time but I wasn't laughing now. 

Was the life of Lily Clairmount so tantamount to big changes in this world? What about the other capture targets? Have they also diverged from their original paths? I've already noticed the big change in the Heroine since she's my daughter but the others don't seem to be as adversely effected as she is. 

Maybe Damon is right. Perhaps the love I've showered my daughter with has created the atrocious personality that she has adopted as of late. I let out a sigh as I leaned back against my pillows in utter defeat and exhaustion. I've probably set this world on a path to it's destruction unknowingly. 

For some reason when I thought this I had flashes of memories or images that couldn't possibly be mine. There was a battlefield littered in bodies and barren of any life. The ground was a dried husk, any wildlife sucked dry of any nutrients or life. Bodies that had just died seemed to turn into a mummy as their blood essence and magic was absorbed into the body of the person I was seeing through. 

It was a female with hair stained in blood so I wasn't able to make out the original color. After she swallowed the life from the bodies she turned to her left and watched a man with long black hair cut down people in his way. Wind blew through his long tresses as he stalked his prey like a wild panther. His body moved as though dancing and it was a bloody beautiful dance at that. Even I could admire his grace in killing.

Heads toppled even as the body kept moving unaware that they had already died. The woman flicked the sword in her hand, allowing the blood to run off the sharp blade, and made a path parrellel with the inhuman male. Her laughter covered the entire battlefield and it only sounded half crazy as a seductive undertone washed away the madness held within. 

She hadn't been really paying attention to her surroundings because she was getting distracted by the black blur to her left. When he suddenly stopped and her his undivided attention she also stopped, thinking he was going to come join her side by side. Unfortunately that hadn't been the case. He'd stopped because someone had used space magic to pop up behind her, ripped through space and slipped a space crack sword into her beating heart. It shattered within, causing the organ to explode before all her veins were flooded with the destructive magic. 

Her eyes remained on the man as her life begun to leave her. She saw his lips move and could've sworn he was saying something. It was difficult but she managed to tune her ears to what he was saying.

"..ly.. il... lil..." Odd it sounded like my name. 

"Lily!" It was a roar of sound that shook me to my bones at the utter despair the voice held. 

My eyes shot open and stared into Damon's worried eyes. 

"Huh?" I couldn't really formulate a full sentence because of the crazy dream I had just had. 

"I was calling you for a while," he paused as his worried gaze checked me over, "Are you alright? "

"Yes?" Even to my ears I sounded unsure but I tried to give him a smile to reassure him. It didn't work. "Why?"

"You're bleeding from your eyes, Lil."

A/N: hahahah, well I like how that turned out. I've not finished with writing my information down yet on this book but I had this randomly pop up in my head and had to write it. Hope you all enjoyed. Sending you lots of love from me. Hope your days are fantastic.