The First

IMPORTANT:

I just realized I forgot to publish 2 crucial chapters. I remembered someone mentioned it, but I totally forgot to address the issue. I am SO sorry. I understand that I am fucking up your understanding and the flow of the story by adding these now, but they explain events in the later chapters I already published as well as motivations behind character actions.

Again, I'm sorry. Pls forgive ;o;

1/17/2018

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Watching the basketball team practice was, all in all, repetitive. Chanyeol constantly looked over at the bleachers, waving at every chance he could get without being called out by the coach, and Baekhyun would only raise a few fingers in return. Though public appearances, especially in situations when it'd be blatantly clear that they were together weren't in his preferable tastes, Baekhyun already figured the entire team knew. They were Chanyeol's friends, jocks or not, and that was something the brunet couldn't change.

Midway through drills, Baekhyun started thinking about the inevitable event of prom. If Chanyeol asked him how he felt about the subject rather than what he thought about it, he wasn't sure whether or not he'd actually be truthful.

The thought of prom was scary in a way that Baekhyun didn't like. It was uncomfortable. Aside from a few people and those he tutored, he had no actual friends or individuals from the school close enough to keep him company through prom night. There was Chanyeol, but his boyfriend was only one person. He was bound to get pulled aside by his friends or other people wanting to dance.

Baekhyun already knew how he'd spend the night. Either he'd spend his time sitting down or hang around whatever free food the school decided to provide at that time. And though he knew Chanyeol didn't mind spending quiet time together whether that meant reading in his room or sitting quietly to try and finish homework, it would be different. They wouldn't be in a quiet bedroom. Everyone's eyes would be on them, and how pitiful would it look to others if they saw Chanyeol sitting down just to keep him company?

But then again, it did sound nice...

Baekhyun propped his elbow on his knees and cupped his face loosely as his eyes watched Chanyeol running back and forth the length of the court. For someone so serious, it was an odd thought to think that he was the same clingy person who'd trip on his own feet when alone.

Frowning, the brunet looked down at his hands, staring at the rawl cuts. He'd been working hard, picking up more hours, even on days when he usually didn't have work, just to make a little more. The trip would be more than enough for him. It'd make everything worth it, even for a little while. A memorable trip into the mountains for a weekend with no one else but them was the very thing Baekhyun was working for with a heavy heart.

He'd make sure their memories then were happy ones. Maybe they'd last a lifetime, he didn't know. Long evenings and late nights were spent working in the back for the mere hope that maybe, just maybe, one memory would suffice the amount of hurt following after.

The thought made the idea of prom even better. Obviously, it'd mean the world for Chanyeol to have him go. There were already rumors that the giant athlete made it onto the court nominations for prom king, and there wasn't a doubt in Baekhyun's mind that if he won, he wouldn't even dance with the prom queen, adamantly insisting that the brunet was already his royal queen. It'd be embarrassing but for Chanyeol, it would be nothing more than a happy, naive little moment.

Sighing, Baekhyun placed his hands, palms down on his thighs. The team was still running back and forth when he rose from the bleachers with his head down to avoid the way Chanyeol was looking in his direction.