Chapter 20- "Plot twist"

"Demitrey, he said to meet us in an hour, and make sure that Kade is there." I said.
"Okay. In an hour." Replied Demitrey.
"In an hour."

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

We treated through the forest in complete silence. Each of us most likely boxed into our own thoughts.

Our steps crushing the occasional branches on the ground was the only noise that accompanied the sound of the forest. A chorus of crickets chir

Darrell was leading with me a few feet in tow, then Gavin and Theo pulled up behind me with an angry yet silent Clarissa. Then the rest of the pack shadowed behind us.

It was sort of strange that Darrell emphasized his need for Kade to be there. I mean... could they be connected somehow? Maybe brothers? It was just strange. I mean Kade has never mentioned any other family members.

Once the clearing started to appear up ahead, Darrell stopped and turned to me. With a nod of silent understanding between us, one of the pack warriors came and tied my arms behind me.

I didn't resist, I was so close to home that I wasn't going to compromise any chance of me making it there.

We continued the path until we made it to the clearing, there, my heart for lodged in my throat at the sight of my mate and pack.

Demitrey's eyes connected with mine and an energy coursed through me.

Oh I missed him.

His dark colored eyes looked at me with relief, longhing, love, and worry.
I wanted to run up to him, hold him and kiss him like my life depended on it.

My heart started to palpitate, a I felt an urge wash over me, but before I let my cravings for my mate take complete control, I turned my eyes to the people standing to his right.

Cilia and Kade.

I promised myself that I wouldn't cry when I saw them, but seeing the tears run down Cilia's cheeks broke down all my restraints, and my own cheeks soon became soaked with rivers of tears.

I shook of the wave of emotions that dragged over me, and turned my eyes over to the person on the left of Demitrey.

James.

He was here, but he didn't seem to be here.

His eyes seemed empty, it's as though he was looking, but he wasn't seeing.

His two soulless orbs met my own, and he did a sharp intake of breath, then his eyes travelled behind and his eyes recovered with that of a murderous revengeful life, and I didn't have to turn around to know who he was looking at.

But a few seconds later, it's as if his eyes were drawn to the she-wolf that stood on the other side of Darrell.

My eyes looked to my side, and hers were glued to his as well.

It was the she-wolf that kicked me, and I knew that look way too well.

I wanted to smile, I really did, but she's the girl that kicked me, and as far as I could tell, she was James'

"MINE." Said James as he made a step towards her, but before he could get any closer, Darrell's arm shot out and kept the girl a few inches behind him.

James growled menacingly, but then Demitrey placed his hand on James shoulder, and whispered something in his ears.

Relentlessly, James backed up into the lime next to Demitrey, and the tension between the two packs only grew.

My eyes then sort of traveled over all the faces in the crowd, men, women and children, all standing with their alpha.

"Alpha Demitrey." Greeted Darrell with a hard, cold tone.
"Darrell." Replied Demitrey with the same tone, but scarier.
"You're as arrogant as they say." Commented Darrell.
"And that wasn't enough to scare you off?" Ask Demitrey.
"No, no. I didn't come on violent terms," replied Darrell as he raised his hands up, "I come in peace, as long as you allow this to be peaceful." He added.
"And what is this exactly?" Asked Demitrey.
"A reunion." Said Darrell with a smile.

Why did he seem so freaking familiar?

"A reunion? You call kidnapping my Luna as a means of a reunion?" Said Demitrey, his eyes dark and menacing.
"Well that part had nothing to do with me, you can talk to her about that later." He said pointing to Clarissa, "As far as I'm involved, I'm just here to reveal something very important to both our packs, and I pray that this goes without any more blood being spilled." Said Darrell, his smile suddenly gone, his voice taking on a much more serious, if not darker tone.
"Is that a threat?" Demitrey asked, and took a menacing step foward, Kade, James, and the top warriors following his lead.
"Ah ah ah," said Darrell in a hasty manner, then without warning, Darrell pulled me in front of him, and held my back flushed against his chest, he moved as stealthy as snake, because before I noticed, he pulled out a gun, and it was pressed against my temple.

Okay, so maybe I was too relaxed up to this point.

"One more step, and I'll blow her head off." Warmed Darrell.
"You wouldn't dare." Menaced Demitrey.
"Try me." Dared Darrell.

Demitrey took another menacing step toward.

"Alpha!" Called out Darrell as he pressed the gun further into my temple, "don't push it." He warned.

"Demitrey, baby for once don't do something stupid." I warned through our link.
"Stupid? STUPID?! Adelina he has a gun to your head." He replied frantic.
"And my feet are free, I think I can buy enough time for you to get to him, without having my brains blown out." I replied.
"But babe-"
"No."
"But-"
"Nope."
"Baby-"
"No." I replied sternly and looked him dead in the eyes.

He rolled his eyes and stepped back, with his warriors following suite.

"That's right. Listen to your Luna. I knew you were smart." Taunted Darrell.
"Don't push him, or next time, I'll let him rip your throat out." I warned.
"Oh, do you mean like this?" Asked Darrell, and his arms snaked around my waist and pulled me even closer to him. A menacing growl arose deep from Demitrey's throat, and at this point I was so disgusted that I didn't even want to calm him down, he could kill the asshole for all I cared.
"I can keep her as a means of distraction. She had been very compliant and pleasing so far." Said
Darrell as he nuzzled his nose into my neck and said "or I can always kill her here and now. You know I wouldn't hesitate to do so, I'm as ruthless as you are, after all, we have the same roots... brother."

______________________________________

Hey guys!

I'm sorry, I had to.

I couldn't pass up this opportunity for one of the biggest plot twists, and one of the biggest cliffhangers in the history of this series.

And yes, the chapter is short for the sole purpose of teasing you guys.

Love y'all 😘

Anyways... what did you guys think? And who expected that plot twist? And what do you think of that stunt I pulled? Do y'all still love me? 😶🙁🙁

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.