TWENTY • TWO

Chapter twenty • two!

❞Protect your space and circle

Protect your space and circle. Invest in people who you know will feed you just as much goodness as you do them.

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE LICKED HER LIPS WHEN SHE SAW that Klaus took the other turn.
"Klaus, we're going the wrong way."

"I know, we are going to meet Marcel in a bar." He stated.

Aurora flicked her smooth hair behind her shoulder. "Again, do I have a say in this?"

"No." He grinned.

She gave a long sigh. "Whatever."

They entered the bar. The blonde man had his fingers gently, around her arm — making her feel weird, but in a good way.

Aurora looked around with a dirty look, vampires had compelled humans and were drinking from them. "That's disgusting."

"Get used to it."

Klaus saw Marcel drinking some kind of alcohol.

He had three glasses for them all, he assumed.

Aurora pulled her leather jacket tighter and gave a sloppy smile. "Oh, how nice of you to buy us a drink."

She sat down next to the dark skinned man. "But, I'm under age." She pushed the glass towards him. "So, no."

He smirked at Rory — Klaus gave him a nasty stare in the process.

Marcel grinned. "Maybe I thought I could make it up to you? For calling you-"

"-A pet." Rory interrupted. "So that you know, I'm not. Hopefully, I made myself clear." She pursed her red lips.

"I think I was far more gracious than they deserved." The hybrid spoke up, so that the two would stop flirting with each other as he liked to call it.

Marcel glared at him.

The hybrid looked him in the eye. "You're disappointed by my lack of diplomacy. Well, you above all people, should need no reminder of the human cruelty."

The blonde man took his phone out of his pocket and answered it. "Hello?"

"Mr. Mikaelson, just wanted to let you know the faction has considered your terms. We've reached a decision."