Being Sick Has It's Perks

BoTW!Link x Reader

---------------------------------------------------------

You were sick. Throwing up, having a fever, and laying down. You couldn't really do anything but rest, which is what Link keeps telling you, and you keep complaining about. The only good thing that seemed to come out of this, was that Link could take care of you. Now, you didn't always like being cared for, but Link was different. He was always so careful, making sure you were happy. Link would give you different foods and once he could make something new, he'd make it for you to try. You loved it when he cooked, I mean, It's free food! In all seriousness, Link was actually a good cook. You didn't have a favorite, you really couldn't choose. Yeah, maybe it seemed a little selfish. Link insisted that he'd take care of you until you were better. Right now, you both were in a cave that was a little wet from the rain, but it was okay. "Hm..the rain really isn't helping..." The blonde mumbled to himself as he fumbled with pots and lit a fire. You watched him from the corner of the cave, a little chilled, but you had a blanket. The hylian would sometimes ask if he could lay with you, but you just shook your head and said, "No, then you'd get sick.." He'd chuckle and sigh, shrugging and then continuing what he'd be doing a moment ago. You pulled the (F/C) blanket closer to your face, keeping warm and Link had a soup made. He brought it over to you in a bowl and sat down. "Hey, how're you feeling, (Y/N)?" You shrugged a bit, your (E/C) eyes wanting to close. "Sick...and tired.." You responded quietly and Link brought a spoonful of the warm soup to your mouth. "Well..i'm trying to help all I can.. Eat this." You did as you were told and ate the spoonful, liking it a lot more than the others. "Good?" The blue-eyed hylian asked, smiling a bit at you and you nodded. "...Thank you." Link moved some of your (H/C) hair out of your face, making you blush a bit. "You're welcome, (Y/N)."

~~~

You finished the soup, now warm and content. Link looked out of the cave, watching the sun set. He hoped no monsters would decide to peak in here, for they'd probably go after you. You shivered slightly, wanting this all to go away. Link came back over to you and sighed, bugs starting to make their evening noises. "I wanna feel better, Link..." You groaned and looked at the blonde, who's eyes were filled with concern. "I know, (Y/N)..I know. You will, soon hopefully." You bit your lip and shifted, Link watching your every move. "..Link..?" "Mm?" He put his hand on yours and tilted his head. "...I-I love you.." His face turned quite red at that and he chuckled, looking away. You smiled slightly and closed your eyes, feeling exhausted. "I love you too, (Y/N)." The hylian leaned over and pressed his soft lips to your forehead, making you open your eyes. "L-Link..! But-!" He hushed you and smiled. "Don't worry about me. Okay? How about you get some rest.." You nodded and closed your (E/C) eyes with a sigh, slowly falling into a deep slumber.