XXV ✘ A name

🃏|🃏|🃏

Prince Avarys glared at the dark figure lightly, before frowning. "Can't you look more like a human? I find it disturbing staring at a faceless shadow."

"Is that an order?"

"Yes."

Demons, like the elder dragons and a select few creatures of the dark could polymorph. It was a widely known knowledge so they could blend in with the humans, since and before the Light Revolution. Gone was the black and red flames, the protruding horns and tail. In a flash of dark light -a boy with midnight black hair and a goofy grin appeared in front of Avarys. The demon, for the first time, settled his feet on the carpeted floors of the room. Walking had been odd when he had been so used to floating.

The crown prince looked more annoyed.

"I didn't mean for you to mock me."

"You said you wanted me to have a face- I believe I look more human now." The demon countered, the playful grin still intact. Now he knows Prince Avarys, the sour puss, hates his cheerfulness, and now that he could see the mocking grin in a human face, it must've been more infuriating.

"Your eyes," Avarys started, voice notably disturbed. "Why are they purple?" The same shade as my eyes.

"I like this color scheme."

"Change it. You look absolutely repulsive." The prince spat.

"Is that an order?" He asked, trying to be difficult.

"Does it have to be?"

"Then I don't want to change it. Silly prince, this is part of the contract after all fufufu~" The demon laughed lightly, much like a child would. Perhaps the prince wanted him to be a bit more human, so aside from looking like one, he pitched his voice so that he could sound human enough. He'd change the eyes to black later, but for now they're purple to annoy the prince.

"Do what you like." Avarys then relented, albeit reluctantly.

"What's this~ Don't tell me you're gonna give me a name next."

"As a matter of fact, maybe I will," The demon knew he was evil, but Avarys Diatiro is in a whole higher category of evil from him. It had been perhaps a mockery on both Tycheros Laimargia's line and the creatures of the dark for someone so black hearted to be born in the Royal Family, much less as the heir and future Light King. "I'll call you Mavros from now on."

The dem- Mavros narrowed his eyes in disgust. Where had this punny human pulled that name? From his arse?

"No."

"Mavros."

"No," He refused. "No human has ever named me."

"Don't be such a wuss. I don't know what I should call you, so suck it up and get used to that name," Avarys remarked, before opening his closet and sorting through his coats. Mavros wrinkled his nose in disgust because the majority of his contractors clothes are in the shade of an appalling holy white, a stark contrast to the black hearted Avarys. The crown prince had finally picked one after a moment of consideration, and had slung the white coat over his shoulder. "I'm heading out now."

"Where to?"

"Father's office. Then maybe Duke Skotadi's estate," Avarys replied in an exasperated tone, waving his hand lightly and checking his impeccable reflection in the mirror. "You know, the usual."

He's probably out to woo what's-her-name-again.

"Do I have to vanish again?" The demon held out his hand, but Avarys just shrugged, pointing at a note on his table.