Torn

Devastated by the heartbreaking realization, Camille drops on the ground as Beldurra releases her spell. Gasping for air, she tries to control her heartache. She tries to hide her broken dignity by pretending not to care about what she has witnessed. The Great Goddess of Evil and Death is someone to fear, someone that in her world would be considered the mere devil. Knowing that not even her son has been spared from her evilness. Camille's heart breaks at the thought of him living for so long with the desperation to see someone he loves. He's surprised when he saw Onyx is something she can't shake from her mind. Empathizing with these emotions, Camille can't help but destroy her heart with guilt for failing Adam.

"Oh child, there is absolutely no comparison between you and him. After all, you did not lose someone dear to you. You gave him up." Beldurra's poison finds its way through her heart with sharp words. Camille freezes with her words. She looks up to the terrifying goddess. Like a bad omen, the sky turns violent in a quick second as a thunderstorm rises in the ocean. The fairies' caretakers of the gardens seek refuge as the wind gets stronger.

"Luna..." Camille holds on to the goddess that appears from nowhere. The trees begin to swing from side to side as Paloma spreads her dazzling wings. Broken branches fall on the ground as the waves raise up furiously. Camille shakingly grips on Luna's arms. She gets to her feet as soon as the surface of the lake revolt from within. A typhoon threatens the magical sanctuary as Luna braces to face the force about to slam them all.

"Axl!" She sends a warning through the air, but he can't hear her. He's furious beyond control, thanks to his mother's games. The chaos brings a bright smile to Beldurra's face.

"What are you doing here? How did you get through the barriers?" Luna demands from the vicious goddess. Beldurra shakes her head, disagreeing with her tone.

"Luna, Luna. You do not want to talk to me like that. Of course, I can come and go as I please. Have you forgotten who I am?" Beldurra taunts Luna with a malicious tone that sends chills through Camille's body. The Goddess of Fear doesn't have to do anything to remind Camille of the darkness she fears so much. She's the source of everything she has experienced since little. Just by looking at her, Camille can feel her gut turning with the many nights she's spent crying in her room, feeding her the terror it was to have a monster like Steve assault her.

"Luna, please don't," Camille whispers helplessly.

"Aw, how sweet. It makes me sick." Beldurra says as she extends her arms in the air, her enormous wings lift her up in the air, her eyes become a solid red color. Paloma becomes desperate to help her friend, but if she stops fighting Axl's anger, the devastation will worsen. Beldurra flashes her perfect teeth as an army of bats becomes loose, attacking the faeries. Camille drops to the floor as she sees the tiny creatures dropping one after another lifeless by her feet. Zerrat appears out of a curtain of ice, immediately picking Camille to her feet.

"Stay back." Zerrat pleads. Gently pushing her towards Luna. Camille holds onto his arms, forgetting his unbearable coldness. Her heart pounds loudly to see the heavy winds blasting against the woods. The sound of crashing branches takes over at the same time thunders illuminate the sky. The God of Ice creates a barrier, hoping to control the winds around her as he freezes the rain into sharp daggers that counter-attack the bats. Zerrat knows that Axl's anger will increase if anything happens to Camille.

Camille's eyes glued to the sky, where a swirl of lightning takes the form of a gigantic dragon. Thunder makes the land rumble as it roars. The wind blasts again, messing with her balance. Even Paloma, the Goddess of Wind, seems to be surprised by the unexpected fury. The land shakes uncontrollably like the ocean is opening from the bottom. Zerrat holds Camille down while Paloma fights the gusty winds reaching for the sanctuary. Her dazzling wings form a shield as she moves her arms, guiding the wind away from them. "I cannot believe this!" Paloma shouts furiously. Her arms tremble intensely as her eyes turn transparent.

"Why is his majesty so upset?" Zerrat answers quietly, feeling his rage mixed with the drops of rain falling out of nowhere. Even to them, it's not easy to control the wrath of the God of Water, especially when they're visitors in his kingdom.

"You did this!" Paloma argues with a hint of annoyance as she launches herself towards Beldurra. The two goddesses dash to the open sky at full speed, leaving behind nothing but a trail of wind. Leaving an opening for the beast to land on the sanctuary. Camille freezes to see it descend. Landing violently on his main tower.

"That scary mother of his," Yama lets the rest of the audience know the reason for Axl's rage as he appears behind them, looking up to make sure not to lose sight of Paloma. He sighs in distress. "She is messing with him again," Yama adds as Zerrat holds Camille's trembling arms. She focuses on breathing normally as the sky slowly starts to settle back into the dusk.

"Did she hurt you in any way?" Luna asks, finally relaxing as her eyes go back to their usually white color. Yama turns to Camille, still unable to see his eyes under his iron mask. The rest of the gods turn to her as well. She flinches and takes a step back.

"I saw her," Camille whispers trying to hold back the tears.

"Lady Eirene is bribing Axl to send you back," Yama says under his breath. "In exchange, she will release Onyx." The God of Fire explains. Although he's confused by Axl lack of opposition to his mother's moves this time. Since Camille's arrival, Axl has been traveling secretly, looking for something he can quite figure out yet. Still, unlike every other god, Yama's sense of loyalty for Axl goes beyond his desire to keep the balance in the universe. Watching how Camille tries to control her shaken knees, just by remembering Lady Eirene's invasive eyes full of judgment and hatred, chills run through her spine.

"Why?" Luna questions the God of Fire, hurt to see how Camille falls into the unknown.

"Apparently, Camille has become a threat to her plans. and she is quite desperate to get rid of her." Yama sighs heavily, feeling down once again, having to see his long-time friend suffer thanks to his parents.

Luna holds onto Camille, but the shock it is to witness the unexpected behavior of the Great Goddess of Evil and Death is the most terrifying she has experienced. Her heart squeezes painfully to see that the beautiful gardens have turned into a battlefield with hundreds of injured faeries. Camille drops to her knees to see the tiny creatures struggle to move. "Damn it!" Camille lets out her frustration without caring if she's offending the sacred world anymore. What is she going to do now? Can she stay here and be a witness to Axl and Onyx's love story? But if Axl sends her back, she will have a chance to see Adam and beg for forgiveness. Forgive her for hanging on to the only option she had in this world? For letting her heart be sway for another "man" that would never even compare to him? Ask for forgiveness because she failed to believe in him. Adam has been a strength for so long, a pillar to help her stand through her difficult life. But now, going back to face her fear of being the culprit of Adam's broken heart also gives Axl the chance to get his happiness back.

"Whatever you are thinking, I believe it is not the right decision." Yama tries to ease her irritation, but he can also see her broken heart. After all the pain she's been through, she finally found a place where she felt accepted, but she has to give it up again.

"Why?!" Her hands shake with rage, and for the first time, Camille starts questioning the reason for her unfortunate fate of endless suffering. The fuming thoughts become more aggressive as the gods try to give her a fitting answer. Making her heart speed up to the point of feeling so much pain to even breathe, her eyes are full of tears as she reaches out to pick up one of the fallen fairies.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Camille stutters, trying to breathe and calm herself, but to see the tiny creature clinging to its life breaks her heart even more. She raises her eyes to the starry sky, just like that night she disappeared from Primavera Town. A beautiful night full of stars and hope. She was happy that day. She was glad to be free. "I'm sorry..." she cries helplessly like she never did before.