Chapter 4

We have been at the CDC for quite a while now. Right now everyone is eating diner in the dining room.

Someone decides to sneak up behind me and pull me away into one of the lab rooms. I'm a bit uneasy at first but when I realize it was my dad I relaxed a bit. "Did you take it?"

"Yes" I respond quietly. I have this feeling in my gut that someone was listening to us.

Carl's POV

"Did you take it?" I heard Dr.Jenner ask Veronica. Hmmmm... wonder what they are talking about.

"Yes" I hear her say quietly.

"Good"

" Dad, does this mean that since I'm immune that I will watch everyone die but I will still live?"

"Yes honey, but maybe soon this will be all over and you can start a new life. Maybe even be able to start a new family"

" Dad?"

"Yes honey?"

" Where is mom?"

" She didn't make it sweety."

" Oh" Is all she said. I heard them coming my way so I quickly ran back into the dining room like nothing happened.

Jenner and Veronica walk back over and sit down with everyone else. Veronica comes and sits next to me and her dad on the other side of her.

Veronica's POV

"So" my dad started " I'm sure Veronica here would like to show you guys your room. Right honey?"

" Yes, yes I would" I smiled looking at everyone. I didn't realize until now on how many people we had.

I mean, sure we lost a lot of people like Merle, Amy, Ed, and one really weird guy. I never really knew him, nor did I know his name. He got bit on the stomach one night when camp was invaded. He made us just leave him out on the rode under a tree.

If I was to die, which will never happen, I would like to die like that too.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when everyone started to get out of their seats. With my guessing they wanted to see their rooms. "Follow me" I said also getting out of my seat.

Everyone followed me into the elevator and down about three floors. Once we got down and started walking, without even turning around, i said "Are you claustrophobic Carol?"

"Yeah" she responded. We reached the end of the hallway, stopped, and turned around to meet everyone's eyes.

"2-3 people per room, the door straight ahead is the rec room. No plugging in too many games and the stareo works." that is all I said before I went to my old room that my dad let me have as my own when I used to visit.

My walls were teal with white polka dots along with pretty much everything else in my room. I also had a California walk in closet and a built in bathroom.

I went back outside my room to see everyone else figuring out the sleeping arrangements. I said loud enough for them to hear, "There is hot water you know, try not use too much"

Everyone was frozen in place to what I said. It was like they saw a fifteen headed snake. After an awkward silence everyone burst apart into different rooms. Everyone except Carl. "Can I use yours? I was going to share a room with my mom but she is probably already taking a shower" I nodded my head yes and opened the door wider for him to come in.

Won't this be great, my major crush in the middle of the appocolipse is taking a shower, in my room.*Note the sarcasm*

---------

I GOT REALLY CARRIED AWAY!!!!

Still need your help do!!

-Sami