Science Experiment

Third Person

"Well any progress?" the head scientist asks his lead assistant.

"None and I don't get why her hair is lilac" she replies. "She also has unusual brainwave activity, like she's dreaming" she explains.

"How can she dream? She has never opened her eyes" the scientist states as he looks at the experiment.

"No idea, it could have something to do with her feline DNA. But I'd need a DNA sample to know for sure" the assistant replies. "The tube only keeps her alive and tells us her vitals" she states. Just then the alarm goes off and she yells "seal the lab!"

"What's happening?!" the head scientist demands.

"SHIELD has infiltrated the base, we have to terminate Mew and destroy the lab" the guard tells him.

"We can't just terminate her, she's a living being" the assistant states.

"Mew is nothing but a science experiment, that has never woken up or shown signs of intelligent" the scientist states. "Wipe the high-drives and destroy the lab" he orders.

"I won't let you kill her!" the assistant shouts and Mew's ear twitches. Mew blinks opening her eyes for the first time. "See she's awake and is a little girl" the assistant placing her hand on the glass looking into Mew's blue eyes.

"She is an experiment" the scientist states. "Have the computers been wiped?" he asks.

"Yes sir and I sent the timer, the lab will blow in three minutes" another assistant states.

"We can't just leave her!" the other assistant shouts. Mew looks around sensing the distress in the air. Something inside her tells her she has to get out and surge of power goes through her. The glass tube she is in is destroyed and she sits there as everyone looks at her shocked. "Are you ok Mew?" the assistant asks taking her coat off. She puts it around Mew and helps her off the tube.

"Mew" Mew says smiling at the assistant.

"Two minutes!" the guard shouts.

"We're leaving now!" shouts the scientist and head to the back exit. Just then the door was kicked in and SHIELD agents surround everyone. Mew looks around scared as the assistant holds her close.

"Clear, send Banner in" an agent says into his comm. Doctor Bruce Banner enters the lab as the bomb is deactivated. "The computers have been wiped clean, but the experiment is here" the agent tells him pointing to the small girl with cat ears and tail. Bruce walks over to the assistant and child kneeling in front of her.

"Hello little one, my name is Bruce" he tells her smiling gently. "What's your name?" he asks.

"Mew" she replies tilting her head.

"Do you want to come with me Mew?" he asks and she looks at the assistant holding her. Bruce stands facing the assistant. "Name?" he asks.

"Liliana Copta, I'm one of Doctor Matrix assistants" she replies. "He wanted to leave Mew to die, but I couldn't leave her here. She's a child" she states.

"She is nothing but a failed science experiment" the scientist states.

"I promise no harm will come to Mew, but I'm afraid you cannot come with her until you pass inspection" Bruce tells Liliana.

"But she'll be safe?" she asks and Bruce nods his head. "Mew go with Bruce" she tells the girl gently. Who looks at her strangely before grabbing Bruce's hand as she stands beside him.

"Get her out of here doctor Banner" the SHIELD agent tells him and he does so. But instead of going to the jet he picks up the child and runs for it. He knew the moment he returned to the Helicarrier he'd be imprisoned. That Mew would be experimented upon. So he decided to take her with him as he ran from SHIELD.

He was going to Calcutta, India to be an unregistered Physician. It's a poor country, but at least they'd be safe there. He got a taxi after getting Mew some clothes and it takes them to the airport. "Mew?" she asks confused.

"Don't worry Mew, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you" he assures her stroking her hair as she purrs. He chuckles smiling gently as she snuggles into his side. Once at the airport he buys Mew a ticket under a false name. They boarded the plan and the head off to India.

"Mew mew" Mew says looking around the plane.

"It's a plane, don't worry Mew I'll teach you how to speak English" Bruce tells her. Mew falls asleep and Bruce places a blanket over her. Soon he to falls asleep, but wakes when the pilot says they'd be landing in ten minutes. They land and Bruce gets into a taxi after they got throw security. They soon reach a shabby cabin on the outskirts of a town. Bruce pays the driver as Mew looks around.

"Mew me mew?" Mew asks.

"This is our new home" Bruce tells her. "Don't worry Mew, we'll be safe here" he assures her. He buys them some food and they eat in their small house. Then as Bruce sleeps Mew curls up beside him. He wanted to tell her to go back to her bed, but couldn't find the will to do so. Instead he wraps a blanket around them both and they sleep peacefully not knowing they were being watched.

(Helicarrier)

"Where is he and the experiment?" Nick asks Clint and Natasha.

"Bruce and Mew are in Calcutta, India" Natasha states.

"Never heard of it" Nick states.

"Practically the middle of nowhere in India" she clarifies. "Banner has been clean for a month, I say we let him and Mew live their lives in India. But we keep watch on them, the second one exposes themselves we step in. Mew is an innocent child and deserves a chance at a normal life" she explains.

"I agree with Natasha" Clint states.

"Very well, we will do it your way" Nick tells them. Clint and Natasha leave the room as Nick gives the order for Bruce & Mew to watched from a distance. Natasha convinces Clint to train with her and they headed to the training room to spare.

A/N

Picture above of lab and picture on the external link of Mew.