Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-please put your playlist here-

Emily POV

After returning from...whatever it was with David Clifford, I had decided to get all the information about that job opening in their company.

I hurriedly got out of bed and went to bathroom to take a shower. After showering I came straight to my suitcase wondering what the fuck am I going to wear?

What should I wear? Jeans? No. Jeans won't be appropriate to wear in a company. Not professional enough.

Without thinking more I took a white sundress out of my suitcase and wore it.

I blow dried my wet hair. And started wearing a little makeup which consisted of foundation, concealer, blush, mascara, eyeliner and pink lipstick.

Feeling pleased with my look, I got out of my hotel room.

I went to the hotel's cafe to buy myself a latte. After that I took a cab and now I am going to the company.

After 20 minutes of ride we finally reached Clifford and Co. I gave driver the money and went out of the cab. I swear I have spent all my money on cabs since I came here.

I looked at the tall building standing in front of me. Damn. It's a big company indeed. It's beautiful. God, how am I getting the job?

I took a deep breath. Just believe in yourself.

I went inside and the inside was as beautiful as the outside, if not more.

I saw the receptionist and went towards her. Looking at her made me a little insecure about myself. She was wearing a lot of makeup. She was wearing a tight dark blue button up shirt and the rest of her was hidden behind the counter.

I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Yes". She looked up at me. Her eyes scanning me from top to bottom. I shifted uncomfortably.

"I am here to meet with Mr. Williams". Mr Williams is going to take the interview as it was mentioned in the newspaper and their website.

"He is on the second floor" she replied.

"Thank you". I smiled.

I checked the time on my watch and it was 7:50 am. Perfect.

When I reached at the second floor I asked the receptionist to give me the way to Mr. Williams office and now I am here.

I knocked the door of the office.  I looked around to see if anyone was here for the position but there was noone or maybe there were people but not right here at the moment.

"Come in".

I came in as I saw a man who must be around 55 was sitting on his chair. Ah. This is Mr Williams.

"Hi. I am emily. I came here for the interview". I said in the most professional tone that I could muster.

"Interview?" He asked in a puzzled tone. Have they already hired someone? Shit.

"Yeah, interview". I said, silently praying that my thoughts must not be true.

"Wait. Are you talking about the secretary interview?" he asked as he started laughing. Why the fuck is he laughing?

As I was going to ask why the fuck are you laughing? A bit more politely though. He answered.

"Oh dear. The interviews are only for male".

What the actual fuck!?

"Wait? What are you saying?" I asked even though I very well knew what he was saying.