VI

my biggest fear, love,

is that one day you'll see me

the way i see myself.

Rose was still completely and utterly terrified

Things had happened so fast. One minute she was making dinner and the next Roman had turned into something animalistic; something she saw in her nightmares.

Rose was fragile, she trusted very easily but could become scared in a split second. She had the mindset to see the good in everyone, and that was easy when Roman was nothing but sweet and gentle to her. But that changed as soon as she saw how savage and wild he looked while beating the guard to a pulp.

Neither had moved from their spot, but someone had come in and taken the unconcious guard away. Roman mindlinked a pack member, but obviously Rose didn't know this. It only left her more confused.

She was still pressed up against the wall, but only because her fear had paralyzed her. Roman stood several feet away, knowingly keeping his distance. He knew that no matter how much he wanted to comfort and console his precious mate, it would only intimidate her further.

Fenris was whimpering profusely in Roman's head. He knew it was his fault but at the same time couldn't bring himself to regret it; the guard was about to kill his angel. And although Roman was reprimanding him for not controlling his rage, he didn't feel remorseful about it either. The only thing he regretted was that Rose had to watch the entire ordeal, she was too innocent.

"Little one...please," Roman pleaded. He looked at Rose with the deepest guilt and regret, she could tell he was sincere but was too scared to approach him. It seemed he lost all previous trust with her.

Roman didn't know if he could stand telling her about what he truly was, he somehow knew she'd either call him crazy or run screaming.

"Just answer my question...please," Rose breathed. All she wanted was answers, and after everything, she felt that she deserved them.