River - 13.2

Rose POV

Flynn made me more nervous than most vampires. He held a regal sense to him, more so than even the Prince, who seemed unsure of himself, especially for a regal vampire. Even that time when he saved me, he seemed more sure of his actions than he did when just talking to me in his bedroom. Flynn didn't seem unsure at all, he knew exactly what we should do in the situation and for that, I am grateful, but he still makes me nervous.

Usually vampires don't make me nervous, even though some should say they should. Instead, they just make me angry. It is still a negative reaction so I guess that makes it a pretty normal one, but is not the reaction that many have. I am a fighter. I was not raised to be submissive, and I refuse to be submissive. My mother, a strong woman, taught me that when you have to fight, you fight, and thanks to Elizabeth, and now Flynn, and the prince, I am being given that opportunity, and I am not going to let it go to waste.

Currently Flynn and I are moving at a quick pace towards his room, it has only been a moment since we left the prince and Annabelle and I assume it will close by. My suspicions are confirmed as we stop outside a dark wooden door, and Flynn moves to open it. He stands to the side to usher me in and I shuffle in anxiously. The room is dark but my werewolf seeing can make out most of the room. I can tell it is painted in a dark bluish colour and the furniture is all fashioned in dark wood, it's charming and professional looking and honestly exactly what I would have expected from him. Once I am fully inside, Flynn moves inside and shuts the door hastily, locking it behind him.

I can't help it but the locking noise makes me flinch slightly, and a guilty feeling overcomes me as Flynn looks at me shocked. I smile at him to let him know that I am okay and I do trust him not to hurt me, since he was the one who is going to protect me anyways, but he still looks somewhat concerned. I do know he's not going to hurt me though, because why in the world would the prince, send him off with me if he didn't trust him. Why would the prince save me if he was just going to turn around and get me killed? I honestly don't believe the prince is cunning enough for that.

I try to compose myself the best I can, I can't let myself look vulnerable. Looking around, I see the extremely large bed and a few couches and chairs placed around the extremely large room. Not seeing a clear indication of which couch I should take, I clear my throat "So, how does this work?"

"Tomorrow, at the start of the day, I will bring you to the throne room to be introduced to the King and Queen. All you have to do is agree with whatever story I make up, if I do end up having to make up a story, and speak only when spoken to. I was the one who introduced Annabelle to them, so I promise you, I know that it will go smoothly. Do your best to look as unthreatening as possible. It was easy for Annabelle, but I feel as if you might need to be... reminded." Flynn said, looking at me unsteadily.

I smirked, "thanks, but I meant how does this work tonight? Where am I supposed to sleep?"

Flynn, looked a little embarrassed as if the question took him by surprise. I could tell he was embarrassed by the way his eyes immediately shot to the ground, not by a blush like any other creature would have on their face. Vampires don't blush.

"Oh, well, you take the bed, I'll sleep on the couch. I'll also get you something more comfortable to change into. You're probably about the same size as Annabelle, I'll be back in a moment." With that, he was gone.

Now this took me by surprise. Never in a million years would I have believed that any vampire, good or not, would give up their own bed for a werewolf... a dog. Honestly though, I was exhausted, and I wasn't about to get in an argument with a vampire, so I shrugged and sat on the edge of the very large bed as I bent down to undo the laces of my shoes, sliding them off.

Within seconds, Flynn was standing again in the room. Damn vampire speed.

A pair of blue cotton pajamas were handed to me, and even when I was a girl I swear I never had pajamas this soft. We weren't exactly poor, but we were not rich enough ether to be buying the softest pajamas around. It was that moment, that even though Annabelle was a pet to the prince, did I begin to envy the luxurious lifestyle she had stumbled into.

I took the pajamas and went to the open door that showed the bathroom suite and then closed the door behind me. Not wanting to look at myself in the large mirrors, I hastily did my business and changed into the pajamas. I knew I looked like a sweaty mess, especially in front of these perfect looking vampires.  

I used to be jealous that vampires looked perfect, but then I realized that it was just basic biology and that werewolves had our own beauty. Were's are most beautiful, we thrive most, in our wolf form. My wolf is beautiful. She has thick red fur and is almost as big as my father's wolf. It is almost impossible how big she has grown, but I'm not complaining. If I could just go through all this in my wolf form, I think things might be a lot easier.

I sigh and walk back into the room, diverting my eyes from Flynn who is getting comfortable on the couch closest to the door, which is interesting because it's the smallest and least comfortable looking couch. This vampire made no sense.

I got into the bed and curled up under the covers, finally letting myself look as vulnerable as I felt.

"Hey Rose." I hear Flynn say softly from the bed.

Not moving from my comfortable position, I mumble "yea?"

"Everything's going to be okay."

..........

EDITED

ROSE

Sorry I haven't updated in over a week... School started and I've been very sick and have basically been knocked out by cold medication :( Forgive me <3

QUICK UPDATE BEFORE WATTPAD DOESN'T LET ME POST!

A LONGER CHAPTER (ANNABELLE'S POV) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY!

What do you guys think of Rose? Is she confusing? Is she afraid or is she as strong as she says she is? What happened to her family?

Comment, Like, Follow!!!

- K