Chapter 31: The Heartbreak

"So how did it go?" Chase asked as I went out of the classroom.

I sighed. I don't even know if I'll pass that test or not. The questions were too hard to answer and I didn't even review half of the things there. Guess I should have listened when Mr. Williams was discussing in front.

"Horrible." I replied as he chuckled and walked beside me.

"Well, I think you'll pass." He stated confidently, and I looked up at him, hope glistening in my eyes.

"You think so?" I questioned and he looked down at me with a smile.

Flicking my forehead, he said, "I know so."

I glared at him, rubbing my forehead. "Why the hell did you do that?" I asked irritatingly.

God, this boy annoys me to no end.

He shrugged. "It's fun."

I stared at him blankly. "Flicking me in the forehead is fun." I deadpan and he nodded his head.

"God, you annoy the hell out of me." I said, walking ahead of him.

Once he caught up with me, he said, "You still like me though."

I glared at him, not denying nor admitting what he said. I flicked him in the forehead too and he glared at me. I walked away with a satisfied grin as I whistled innocently.

"You know, I never noticed this, but you have a very nice ass."

"Perv." I remarked as I punched him in the shoulder. Quite hard too. I think his wincing is even real. That, or he just acted like it hurt to make me feel better.

I would totally like him more if it was the latter. That would be so sweet. But then again, if what I did actually hurt, then there's no need for the latter. I'm already feeling pretty smug about myself.

"You're so damn violent." He muttered as he rubbed his shoulder.

"You still like me though." I winked, returning his words to him.

He smiled. "Of course I do."

Oh God, did he really mean that? You know, mean it on how like I mean it? Oh my gosh, what if he did? Could what Aiden said actually be true?

I chuckled uneasily and released a sigh of relief when we finally reached the exit of the school. I breathed in the fresh air, but coughed violently when it was a belch of smoke that I breathed in.

Chase just looked over at me in amusement as he laughed. The bastard didn't even help me!

Yeah, there's no way what Aiden said could've been true. The signs he gives me just doesn't even lead to that! He doesn't even look the little bit concerned. Okay, maybe he does, but he's not even making any effort.

Well, whatever.

"Come on, let's just go to the damn café." I grumbled under my breath. I hid behind some bushes and immediately took off my disguise and contact lens while stuffing it inside my bag.

I stood up and walked towards Chase who was waiting patiently for me at the sidewalk.

"So, café?" I asked with a smile and he laughed before ruffling my hair. He walked ahead of me, his hands dug deep on his pockets.

I frowned. He's just going to leave me like that?

I smoothed out my hair just as he turned around and asked, "Coming?"

I quickly ran up to him, his laugh filling up my ears. My stomach did this weird flips when he laughed and I can't help but laugh.

God, I am so done with.