Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

The following weekend, I planned a day at a local art museum, because when we went to the art show near the beginning of our relationship, I found out that Brendan really enjoys art. I also had a picnic in the park planned afterwards, with everything ready to go in the trunk of my car.

I picked him up from his apartment, him having no idea what I had planned for the day.

When we arrived at the museum, he seemed excited. Even as I handed the woman the tickets I bought online, he did.

I honestly found it shocking, especially when he stood in front of the paintings admiring them just as I do. I thought I would be the only art nerd in any of my relationships, but I guess Brendan had a way of proving me wrong.

After we walked through the museum, lingering at paintings we liked more than the others, we left and I drove us straight to Central Park.

When I went to the trunk and pulled out the cooler and a large tote bag, he seemed surprised. He helped me carry the stuff to a clear spot in the grass where many others were lounging, and I laid everything out as he went through the cooler to see what food I brought.

As we ate, he had me laughing and smiling more than I ever have in a while.

He makes me happy.

And I think my slip up over that one phone call is finally real.