Jin

Requested by icypea
_____________________________

I stood in the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror, wondering what I should say to my parents. The last time I have them bad news was when I got four F's on my report card and they didn't take it so lightly. They grounded me for the summer by making me stay at my grandma's house, which was like five hours away. But this....is way worse than a bad report card.

I wiped away the tears and unlocked the bathroom door so I could walk towards the kitchen where my parents were. My mom was cooking and my dad was reading the newspaper on the kitchen table.

"Hey sweetie, you hungry?", my mom asked.

I carefully sat down on the chair, across from my dad, and looked down at my hands. They noticed I was quiet and felt like something was wrong.

"What's going on?", my dad asked.

I tried to speak but the tears welling up in my eyes made it hard for me. My mom turned off the stove and placed the spoon on the counter before kneeling down in front of me.

"(Y/n), what's wrong? Did somebody hurt you?", she asked.

I shook my head and wiped the tears away from my face, slowly looking up at them.

"I'm pregnant", I whispered.

My dad put down the newspaper and took off his glasses while my mom looked at him.

"You're 17 years old. You can't be pregnant", he said.

"I'm sorry..it just happened and-"

"It just happened? It just happened?? When did it happen??", my dad yelled as he stood up.

"Just over a month ago", I mumbled.

"Well I hope you're not planning on keeping it. Go to your room. Now!", he yelled.

I looked at my mom to get her to say something but she kept quiet. After realizing that she wasn't gonna say anything, I stood up and locked myself in my bedroom. I cried for about an hour until I couldn't take it anymore. I opened my bedroom window and jumped over it, running all the way to Jin's house.

I rapidly knocked on his door, desperately wanting him to open it. After he did, I quickly embraced him in a hug, tears staining his shirt.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?", he asked, closing the door after he pulled me inside his house.

"Please don't be mad at me because my parents are already mad and I wouldn't be able to take it if you get mad too", I said.

"Mad? Why would I be mad at you?", he asked.

~~~~

"So your father doesn't want you to keep the baby? Does that mean you're gonna terminate the pregnancy?", Jin asked, pouring water into a cup and handing it to me.

"No. They most likely are gonna want me to put the baby in for adoption", I said, taking a sip of water.

"Is that what you want?", Jin asked.

"Jin...it's our responsibility. I don't know what I wanna do", I admitted.

"Well..you're parents already don't like me. I would love to have this baby with you. But I feel like if we keep this baby, your parents won't support you and I don't want your parents to go against you as well. If you want to put this baby up for adoption, then I'll support you. If you decide to keep this baby, I'll support you even though it will be difficult. Whatever your parents think, I'll be here for you", he softly smiled as he held my hand.

About a minutes later, my mother was calling me on my phone. I didn't want to answer but that wasn't gonna solve anything so Jin left the room so I could answer it.

It wasn't a long conversation. She was upset at first that I left without letting them know but got right up to the point. She said she talked to my dad about the situation and agreed that it was up to us to come up with a decision. I was a little scared.

"What did she say?", Jin asked as he walked back towards me.

"She talked to my dad. She said it was up to us", I said, putting my phone away in my pocket.

He wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss on top of my head. I dug my face into his chest and took in his scent as I thought about the future.

"We're not financially ready to have a baby. Do we really want this baby to suffer?", I asked, mostly to myself.

"I agree. But giving up a baby for adoption will hurt you emotionally. It won't be easy", he said.

"It won't be easy raising one either", I mumbled.

"Do you want to have a baby?", he asked.

"Yeah but I thought about having one in the future. Not when I'm seventeen years old. Maybe adoption isn't a bad idea", I said.

"Is that what you want?", he asked.

"Yeah...I think so", I mumbled.

"Okay. Well let me take you home. Your parents must be worried", he kissed my forehead and drove me all the way home.

My parents agreed and supported my decision and made sure I was comfortable during the pregnancy. Meanwhile Jin and I had to interview a few families to figure out who's stable enough to take care of a baby. Some were not parent material but we were hopeful. We ended up giving the baby to an amazing couple who have wonderful jobs and already had a schedule planned out which we loved.

I was kinda upset because I always imagined having a family with Jin but we had to think about the baby's welfare and we thought giving her to a family that can take care of her well was best for her. Yeah, it was a girl. I just hope next time when the time is right, we end up having a baby girl.
______________________________

I felt a little ehh about this. I've been feeling a little weird about writing since I'm going back to school in a few weeks and I might be seeing my ex girlfriend around. I just hope I don't🙃