Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

2

I'd been on few vehicles in my life. There was a time when my brother got a part-time job delivering spare parts to for a automobile parts supplier. As a treat, he would let me give him company at times. He even taught me how to drive bikes, said I had a knack for it.

Right before I went off the road and managed to throw both of us off the motorbike.

My body had slid across the tarmac. The rough surface had cut through my clothes, providing me no protection against being scraped raw by the ground. My legs had been peeled through my pants which had ripped away on one side. I was in so much pain I couldn't move. Tristan had somehow managed to get me back on the bike while dealing with his own injuries. I barely remembered him driving us back home where he'd sneaked the two of us in and fixed me up. I... barely remembered any of it.

But, mom did find out eventually. There were only so many places to hide torn, bloody clothes in a small room barely enough for the two of us.

Thinking about my brother after so long was a welcome distraction from my current situation. The Peacekeeper had an arm around my shoulder, his fingers slipping inside the collar of my shirt now and then to graze against the top of my breast. Each time the cold armor moved against my skin, I shivered in disgust. I couldn't protest it. Not if I wanted to get punched in more places than just my face, which was already feeling hot and tight from the swelling.

I shifted on the uncomfortable bench, rolling and hunching my shoulders in an attempt to get his arm off me, but it barely budged. I could feel eyes on me, from both the Peacekeepers and the others in the truck. There was a guy sitting across from me, blood matted in his hair. He'd not even looked up from my ratty footwear ever since the ride began.

I recognised almost all of the people here. A few faces were familiar from ages ago when I still attended that poor excuse of a school, some were from here and there when I'd had dealings with them in search of a job or vice versa. I'd even played with a few of the people here when I was still in my single digit years. It irked me that there were kids here, the youngest of which was thirteen.

Atleast they had guidelines for whom to take. No one below thirteen, don't take the younger sibling, don't take someone above twenty-five. But the rules also changed depending on how bad the Peacekeeper might have it in for you. Rules didn't matter to them in Section D. They could shoot a person under their own roof for a reason as simple as not offering them a glass of water and write it off in a report as an attempted attack.

My eyelids drooped a bit, the swaying motion of the truck lulling me into sleep. I leaned forward to place my head in my hands only to get harshly jerked back to a sitting position. I grimaced in pain as my back slammed against the metal bars ringing the sides of the truck.

"Hey, Rick!" Snapped a Peacekeeper from the other side. "Let her go."

"Oh?" The Peacekeeper holding me snickered. "Getting a bit peeved, are we? Why? Does she remind you of your sister?"

"Rick, knock it off. She's not even eighteen."

"So?" I shot up ramrod straight as his hand started sliding down my back. "For a seventeen year old..." his hand slipped under my shirt, "she's developing quite well."

I was absolutely still, my face blank as I struggled to contain the rage inside me. All I could feel was disgust as his fingers traced patterns on my stomach.

"Don't make me pull rank on you, Rick." The other guy hissed. "This is my last warning, and then I'm reporting you."

Ironically enough, Rick gave a disgusted growl as he withdrew his hand. "Fuck you, Jason. You should have fun once in a while."