06: peonies

these fluffy blooms are associated with a variety of meanings-most commonly, they're tied to romance, prosperity, and bashfulness, according to ftd flowers. as one greek myth states, apollo used to turn beautiful nymphs into peonies if aphrodite knew he was flirting with them. some even believe they're a good luck charm of sorts, bringing good fortune to whoever receives them.

//

it was now only a little later, will laying his head on mike's lap and slowly falling asleep. the curly haired boy looked down at him with a sad smile, running his fingers through his hair. will whimpered and his eyes opened slightly, looking up at mike.

"mike..." he mumbled, his eyes shutting again and moving closer to him. he leaned down with a smile and softly kissed him, causing will to wrap his arms around his neck.

although will and mike were on good terms again, will didn't feel like he could trust him. all he could think about was the day it happened. did mike really love him? or was he just pretending to for his own good?

the small boy sighed gently, pulling away from mike and trying to drown his thoughts. why couldn't he be happy that they were on good terms again? with this last thought, his eyes fluttered open and he got up slowly, reaching his hand into the pile of food, grabbing a bag of reese's pieces. mike smiled and grabbed a bag of skittles, ripping it open and pouring the candy in his mouth.

"i thought the food was for me?" will teased. the curly haired boy giggled and opened his mouth slightly, a rainbow-y sugary mess on his tongue.

"if you want some, come get some!"

will raised his eyebrow and smirked. "are you trying to get me to kiss you? 'cause it's kinda working." he admitted, moving closer and pressing their lips together. their tongues intertwined gently; it was a feeling will didn't really seem to enjoy, but for some reason, he didn't stop.

mike pulled away with an empty mouth.

will chuckled and ruffled his curly hair, glancing at the clock, which read 6 pm. "you should probably head home." he sighed. mike pouted at him.

"do i haveee to?" he whined. will smirked and rolled his eyes.

"i'll call your mom." he replied, walking out of his bedroom. mike flopped onto will's bed, jumping back a little as he felt something hard hit the back of his head. turning, he peeked under his pillow and noticed a light blue book.

the first thing he noticed when he opened it, was how talented will was. there was hundreds of very detailed doodles, of very random things. a doodle of a mirror, a doodle of a t-shirt, a doodle of a field.

a couple pages in, his eyes grew wide. he could feel his face getting hot as he examined the drawing, running his fingers across the smooth surface.

it was a drawing of him.

a big grin appeared on his face as he gently put down the sketchbook, walking out of will's room and to the telephone, where the small boy was standing.

mike giggled as he quickly wrapped his arms around his tiny waist, hugging him tightly.

will almost dropped the phone from being both jump scared and shocked.

"u-um, thank you mrs.wheeler! have a good night!" he quickly rambled and hung up, gently and slowly putting his hands on mike's shoulders.

"what are you doing?" he smiled and gently rubbed his back.

"i saawww youuurrr skeeetccchhboook!" he laughed and kissed his cheek, hugging him tightly like a little kid. will gulped.

"oh..." he chuckled, trying to hide his embarrassment. "that's... embarrassing. that drawing really sucked."

mike pulled away and cupped will's face. "no it doesn't! it's super cool!" he reassured, making him feel a tiny bit better about his art skills.

"t-thanks." he blushed and leaned in slightly, pressing their lips together. mike giggled through the kiss as he picked will up, throwing him onto the couch. will whimpered and looked wide eyed at mike, who was hovering over him with a big grin.

will closed his eyes, expecting a kiss, or kisses, but instead he got a tight hug and mike collapsing down next to him. he casually slung his arm around his neck.

"let's watch a movie or something. do something like normal teenagers." mike said.

will nodded in agreement, getting up and looking through the vhs tapes he owned. he popped in "the breakfast club" and fell back into mike's grasp, hoping the moment wouldn't end.

//

a/n: short chapter, but im gonna write a lot more in the next chapters! also we're almost at 1k reads????? what?????? ????????? shook