CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

I planned on updating on Saturday, but I decided you guess should have a little treat. Sorry if I took so long! I finished my French exam today and I have another one of Friday!

Important questions at the end!

Chapter 28

- Mia White -

Jacob looked at me with begging eyes. He was terrified, but who wouldn't be? How would you feel if someone much stronger and bigger than you, had you in a headlock as they pressed a gun against the side or your head? As your friends just stood there, not knowing what to do?

"If you don't follow my orders, your pathetic little friend will find himself dead," Mr Summer threatened.

"Mr Summer, please let him go," I say. But that only made him press the cold metal gun against Jacob's head harder.

"Don't test me, Mia," he said, slightly chuckling. He had a wicked smile on his face as he looked at me with daring eyes. I prayed to God that he wouldn't pull the trigger. The thought of Jacob - or any of my friends - die before my eyes made me sick.

I don't know what's wrong with Mr Summer, but clearly, he needed help if he thought it was okay to kill a person in front of us.

"I will kill him, and even if you do tell the police, you have no fucking proof that I did it," he laughed.

I cringed, and Jacob looked like he was about to cry. Mr Summer suddenly stopped and looked at us with a cold serious expression that made me shiver.

And not in a good way.

"I'll let him live if you follow me," Mr Summer said. I looked at Ben, and I could see him a slight nod.

"Fine."

Mr Summer smirked and released his hold on Jacob. However, he still pressed the gun to his head. We followed him until we reached a small stone house with a single metal door.

What is this, some sort of prison?

"Welcome to your new home," Mr Summer laughed.

I guess it is.

He unlocked the door and opened it. Nothing was inside besides a bed with a thin blanket and a single toilet that was placed in the corner. There was a small window that I could probably escape out of, but the metal bars prevented me from doing so.

Mr Summer shoved us inside before slamming the door shut. We heard the jingled keys before the click of him locking the door. Fortunately, he didn't say anything else and just left. When I heard Mr Summer's footsteps fade away, I looked at Jacob who still had a shocked expression on his face.

"Jacob, how did you get here?" I asked slowly, placing my hands on his shoulders as I tried to calm him down. I could feel him shaking under my hands. He was breathing heavily, his eyes still wide before he started to relax.

When his body stopped shaking, he spoke. "I followed you here. I drove back to where you were staying because I wanted to hang out with you since there was nothing else to do at home," he explained. "But when I got there, I saw you, Ben, and Levi go into the car and drive off somewhere. I know that it wasn't my business, but I was curious."