09

"Don't move,woman." My eyebrows raise in surprise as soon as these words leave Rudolf's mouth.

I wanted to start another argument on how he doesn't control me and I can move wherever I want but looking at the beast infront of us, I push it at the back of my mind.

As in cue, the wolf growls viciously and I stumble back in surprise. I am maybe a strong fighter but I know for sure that I can't fight this animal with my fists.

While Rudolf, for some unknown reason is glaring at the wolf and the wolf is returning the favor by growling at him, I sneakily take a step back.

If our lives are not on stake right now, I would be making some sick joke about the situation. Well he should know what the heck these wolves could do with their jaws, no? He should know that inking my skin with the tattoo of wolves is not a funny idea.

So with my heart in my throat, I stiffly take steps back keeping my eyes on the creature.

Maybe I should make some distance and then tell Rudolf to run and do the same.

Snap!

I close my eyes tightly shut when something snaps below my feet. This is not happening right now!

I see as Rudolf freezes in his spot and the wolf turns his head to look at me with it's hungry eyes.

It happens so suddenly before I have the time to realize what's happening, the wolf jumps at me.

All the air leaves my lung when I see the wolf coming at me and I am too shocked to move from the spot.

"No." I whisper as I realize this could be my end. This is my end.

"NO!" A roar is heard so loud that the trees shook with the force. I can feel the ground vibrating with that roar. And then Rudolf is infront of me and before the wolf could claw us with it's paws, Rudolf lifts his arms and pushes the wolf away with his hands.

With his bare hands.

He pushes the wolf with his bare hands.

And I watch with eyes, wide and mouth, hangs open as Rudolf moves forward towards the wolf who got thrown at the ground with the force.

What the hell is he doing?

"Hey! Step back, you fool! He will claw your skin." I hiss at Rudolf still taking a step back, my eyes fix on the wolf who shakes it's head forcefully and tries to stand on it's paws.

"For someone, who wants to kill me you are doing a very bad job." Rudolf retorts with his back to me as he shields my body with his.

Something moves in my heart at his actions but that makes me more confused.

Why is he protecting me from the danger when he is the one who is hell bent on doing I-don't-know-what to me?

But that doesn't mean I am having a soft spot for him. Soft my arse!

"Fine then." I grit out, giving him one last glance and look at the wolf before sprinting. And I just run without turning back.

Growls follow me as I run and heavy footsteps follow me.

"Dove! Don't run!" Rudolf roars with panic in his voice. My eyebrows furrow in confusion but I shake that off quickly.

Pushing myself over the limit, I try to run faster.

Then out of nowhere which was exactly from my behind, the wolf jumps and stops a few feet away from me. As I try to slow down my feet,all the pressure runs down my legs and I stumble forward, falling face down on the muddy ground. My palms scratch by the small rocks and broken branches of the trees.