Final Interlude

Dear Harry,

     Do you know what my daddy used to say to me when I was a kid? He would always tell me that everyone is destined to have a purpose in life. To leave a legacy, as he would always say, because that was what he wanted. He wanted to leave a legacy of his own, to create a name for himself not just by being a surgeon because he wanted more than that. He wanted to save lives. He wanted to find the answers and search for something new that could change the world, and soon enough, an opportunity came but it all came down to where we are now. But what he found out was greater than that, because I know that somehow, his wish was fulfilled. We found you.

     As I write this to you, I can’t stop crying. It’s hard to think of what to write to a very special person like you. I know that all of us now are suffering so much from everything we had been through. It’s really hard to live like this, most especially when daddy had to give up his life for me…for us. That was his purpose Harry. He paved the way for us to make it where we are now, and he wanted you to come home. I’m very disappointed myself, you know that? I was a total mess, and with my stupid actions, I would always make him understand that I didn’t love him, when in reality, I love him so much. All of it was too late, and I didn’t even have the chance to say those three words…but now he’s gone.

     My life had no meaning anymore Harry, not until you brought it back again last night. I thought that life was being cruel, but you, together with Lou and Niall, made me feel alive again. Thank you for making me smile again Harry, and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt this kind of feeling before. You were just my crush when you were still in One Direction, but now it grew deeper, and will forever grow stronger as time passes by. But, I guess that it’s best to give you up Harry. I love you so much but I’m not the girl who deserves your love. You deserve someone better, someone who’s not broken like me. I know someday, when all of you will make it out of here and battle this game of life, you’ll find your true happiness, and I really, really hope that one day, you, Niall and Lou will be together with Liam and Zayn. I’ll be the happiest fan you’ll ever have when all five of you are reunited again, because by then, I’ll be watching you from Above.

     Harry, remember when you asked me if it’s a bad thing you have in your eyes? That night when we danced to my daddy’s favorite song and I cried on your shoulder? Yeah, I will never ever forget that moment we had, because I never felt so safe and so loved before in such a long time. Let me tell you, they’re beautiful as you are, and I’m glad to find something that makes you even more special. Your eyes are special Harry, because they’re more than just that. You’ll find about it soon. I hope you read this when you make it to somewhere safe, and show these papers to those people who can help, okay? It’s you Harry. It’s in your eyes, and that is your legacy. You’re one of the very few people who can help bring the world back, and God gave you a special gift. What’s my purpose in life if you will ask? That is to show my love for you in a short amount of time we have, and to help you make it back home.

     It’s hard to say goodbye, but I have to. The moment when we step back out there, I will have to do it, whatever chance that will come. I’ve made my choice. I’m done with what I’m supposed to do in my life. I’ll see to it that all of you will make it, because you will no longer need me. I know that my daddy wanted you to protect me, but you have to give me up. I want to be with him, with my mom and my sister. You would always tell me that I’m strong, but to tell you the truth, I’m not. I’m sorry for everything Harry, but I’m really thankful that I had this time to be with you.

     Thank you for making me feel loved in my last days Harry. Tell Niall and Louis that I love them, and they’ll be forever in my heart. Promise me that you’ll live, and I hope you won’t forget me. I’ll miss you. I love you so much, and nothing can ever change that.

~ Hannah