~Thirty-Seven~ *

***Edited in October 2022***

A/N: Hello hello! I hope you guys have been enjoying your day/night :)

~Leah~

I made my way to Harry's apartment with a soft sigh - my eyes lowered to the ground as I pressed the buzzer on the comm system and waited for Harry to answer the door.

Today was a total disaster. But I hope, at least, that Harry and Piper's day has gone better than mine.

Harry had opened the door within moments - worry and concern already clearly showing through his face as soon as he saw me.

"Shit Leah, you look exhausted," Harry took my hands and gently pulled me into the apartment.

"I know," I sighed again as he took me into the living room and sat down with me on the sofa.

"Do you want anything?" He asked me, "Are you hungry? Do you need a cup of tea?"

"No thank you, Harry," I tried to smile at him, "it's really sweet of you to offer, though," I then looked back towards the hallway, "is Piper still asleep?"

"Yeah, she is," he replied with a nod, "she actually sleeps really well."

"She does," I smiled again - more successfully this time, "how did it go for you today? She wasn't too much trouble, was she?"

Harry chuckled quietly and shook his head. "No, she was really good. She didn't cause any trouble at all - I promise."

"That's good," my smile grew a little, "what did you guys do?"

I know he probably really wanted to know what happened at court, but I honestly just didn't even want to talk about it right now.

"Well, she was hungry when I picked her up, so the first thing I did was take her to Café Vita for egg & chips," he replied.

"Egg & chips?" My eyebrows rose, "Shit...I forgot to tell you - at the Café Vita they serve the egg & chips with beans, but-"

"But Piper doesn't like them," Harry finished for me with a chuckle, "don't worry - I figured that out, and I ordered it without the beans."

I immediately let out a soft sigh of relief - smiling up at him once more.

"Impressive," I told him with an approving nod, "you seem to have a real knack for this."

Harry chuckled again. "Thanks."

"What else did you do?" I asked.

"Well, she actually ate quite messily - so I had to take her to the bathroom and clean her up a little. I also had to wash her face - because there was dried egg yolk all over it," he broke out an amused smile.

"Aww..." I giggled a little, "yeah...I'm sorry. She loves egg & chips, and when she gets it, all she cares about is eating it. She doesn't even notice if she makes a mess of herself."

Harry chuckled once more. "I know, but it's OK. I was expecting as much, anyway," he then cleared his throat a little, "so, after she ate, I took her to the beach and let her dip her feet in the water for a little bit. But, er...when she was done, and she tried to put her shoes on...the Velcros broke."

"What?" My eyes widened a little, "Aw, shit...I really have to start buying her some new shoes," I lowered my head and rubbed my temples stressfully, "she just wears her shoes out so fast, because she has so much energy..."

"It's OK," Harry gave me a soft smile, "you don't have to worry about new shoes right now. 'Cause, er...don't freak out, but...I bought her some new shoes myself."