:::::Chapter 3:::::

Matthew is standing in front of his desk. Darius soon joins him and I'm left alone at the doorway. That traitor! I close the door behind me.

"When I gave you permission to go near the boundary with your friend, I didn't expect you two to just vanish into thin air. I was worried about you, Chriselda," Matt says, calling me by my first name, which is not a good thing. He always calls me by my nickname inside the pack house. He continues, "Chriselda, you are my Beta and when my Beta doesn't return to the pack house before midnight, then I tend to get worried."

"I know," that's all I can think of saying.

"So, would you tell me what happened?" he asks as Darius listens silently.

"Tim happened," I say.

"Tim?" Matt asks with confusion. That same confusion is plastered across Darius' face. It's not like they don't know who Tim is. It's just that they're wondering how and why did Tim's name pop up all of a sudden. They both know that Tim is a rogue who once tried to forcefully mate with Ciara.

"What do you mean?" Matt asks.

I start telling them everything. I leave the part about the Alpha of our neighboring pack being my mate, for now.

"Chriselda, if you weren't the Beta of this pack then they would've killed you the moment you stepped on their land," Matt speaks up. "They could've killed a non-rank holding werewolf without even thinking twice."

"I know," I say as I hung my head low. "But I was just trying to save my friend."

"You could've come to me and we could've gone there to save Ciara," Matt reasons with me.

"It would've been too late if I had come to you for help." That's all I say.

Matt remains silent for a while. He sighs and says to me, "You were doing what you felt was right." I slightly nod. And dead silence falls in the study.

"So, you mean to say that Tim belonged to the Dawnfall Depths Pack and their Alpha had banished him?" Darius, who was silent since we first stepped in the study, asks me, breaking the silence.

"Yes," I answer.

"He must've tried to forcefully mate with someone in their pack. That must be the reason for his banishment," Matt suggests.

"Maybe," I shrug my shoulders.

"Tim is mentally unstable. He should be sent to a hospital," Darius seriously comments. Matt and I can't agree more.

"Next time, be careful Chris," Matt says to me.

"Matt, you know that I would've kicked Tim's ass if that prick hadn't attacked me from behind," I say in my defense. I don't like being called "careless." It's one of the words that other men, who want Beta's position, use to show that a she-wolf doesn't deserve to be the Beta of this pack. They are greedily after my position. That's the reason why I didn't want to talk to Matt near the boundary where other men were present.

"I know," Matt says. "It's really late now. Let's call it a night."

Darius yawns just in time, "Yeah, I'm sleepy."

We exchange "good-nights" and retire to our own rooms. When I lie on my bed and close my eyes, the icy blue eyes of the Alpha haunt me.

●●●●●

My eyes were open before the sunrise. I couldn't sleep well. Throughout the night, I kept tossing and turning in my bed. I kept thinking about the Alpha and his icy blue eyes. How can a person be so cold? How can a person be so emotionless towards his mate? His passionless face last night is making me doubtful about him being my mate at all. My brain says that he might not be my mate because he didn't embrace or kiss me. He didn't even stop me from going back to my pack! A werewolf who has just found about his mate will never do such a thing! A werewolf who has just found his mate would always try to keep her in front of his sight!

Unfortunately, that was not the case with me. The Alpha, my mate, didn't even spare a glance in my direction when I was leaving his land! I'm damn sure that he's my mate. When I looked in his eyes last night, I saw his wolf calling out to my wolf. And I know that seeing his wolf in his eyes was not my imagination for sure.

I suddenly sit on my bed. I can't believe that I'm obsessing about the Alpha whose name I don't even know! You must be calling me irresponsible for that but I'm not. There are many werewolf packs in the world and to remember the names of all the Alphas, Betas and Gammas is a hard task. Plus, our pack, The Night Guardians never socialized with the Dawnfall Depths Pack. They are not a friendly pack, that's what I've heard. Matt has only met with their Alpha once and he told me that their Alpha truly lives up to his title.

Shaking my head, I force myself to not think about the Alpha anymore. I force myself to get up from the bed. After last night, my bones are so tired. I didn't even fight with anyone yet I'm feeling tired. Maybe my sleepless night has something to do with my tiredness. I enter my bathroom, take shower and brush my teeth. When I'm dressed up in simple t-shirt and shorts, my stomach starts grumbling. I'm tired with no energy left in me and I'm hungry. What could be more worse?

Oh yeah. When your mate doesn't even express a tiny fraction of emotion when he sees you.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be grumpy throughout the day. I hope I'm wrong. I head towards the kitchen. There's a marble counter in the center. On the counter, there are apples along with other fruits kept in a basket. I take the stool kept aside and sit on it as I make a grab for the apples.

When I grab the first apple, Darius enters the kitchen. "Good morning," he says as he heads straight for the refrigerator and opens it.

"It wasn't a good morning for me," I say as I take a bite. Darius closes the refrigerator door and I see the orange juice carton in his hand. It's his habit to drink juice daily. He grabs a glass from the cabinet and pours the orange juice in his glass while I chew on my apple. He brings a stool and sits adjacent to me. 

When he looks at me, he notices the dark circles under my eyes. "You didn't sleep well last night?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say and continue to devour the apples. I don't keep a count on how many apples I've eaten. I'm just too hungry to do that. When I'm about to take a bite of another apple, I feel Darius' gaze on me. I look at him. "What?" I ask when I find an amused expression plastered across his face.

"I'm just wondering that how can so many apples get inside that small stomach of yours?"

I shrug and say, "I'm just hungry."

"You should see yourself. You're eating like a pig," he playfully says and I shove him.

"I am not!" I defend myself.

"Good morning!" Matt says to both of us as he enters the kitchen.

"Good morning!" Darius replies with the same happy tone.

"Morning," I say.

Matt looks at me and asks, "You didn't sleep last night?"

Are my dark circles really that evident? "Something like that," I say.

He takes his stool and sits adjacent to me. "Is it because of the events that happened last night?" he asks.

"You can say that," I answer. He thinks that I didn't sleep because of Tim kidnapping my friend. What he doesn't know is that my insomnia has got nothing to do with Tim. It's because of that Alpha whose name I don't know. "Matt," I look at him. "What's the name of the Alpha of the Dawnfall Depths Pack?"

Author's Note: Here we are at the end of Chapter 3! Banishment-I've never read a werewolf story here on Wattpad where this term is mentioned. Notes are getting shorter and shorter. Aren't you happy? :P