Part 3: Khushi's Day Out 2.0

"Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, why can't you stop being a magnet to all the troubles in the world?"

How could she find herself in such a mess again, she really wondered. Why couldn't she just stay at Charly's place for a while. She could have avoided a lot of trouble.

She'd run down and walked into the crowd in search of Luckyji but unsuccessfully. Then she'd seen a man following her all of a sudden. To confirm her doubt, she followed some random crowd turning left and right aimlessly. He still had been behind her, so slowly she started worrying and went into a building which happened to be a mall. People holding shopping bags kept passing her. She sat down on a bench there. Will she ever get back to Arnav? Maybe it's time she goes to the police station. They'll find out about Arnav's office and contact him for sure.

Khushi - Yes, Police.

She walked out and now finally started paying attention to the street and shop names. She made her mind to ask the next person she sees for police station. And that next person she saw happened to be a woman with a buggy.

Khushi - She seems nice and helpful. *approaches her* Hello, um' I' police-

Woman - WHAT THE FUCK.

She left the buggy and ran away immediately. Khushi frowned confused. What the hell is up with the people here? How can that woman leave her baby alone in the middle of the street?

Khushi - YOUR BABY

Khushi followed her fast now holding the buggy. She didn't know why a woman would abandon her baby like that but she didn't have any other idea than to follow the woman to make sure the baby is back with its mother.

Khushi - They run fast here.

After not being able to keep up with the woman's pace, she lost her out of her sight once in an empty impasse and came to a halt running out of breathe. What is she going to do now? How will she explain this to Arnav and the police? Finally coming back to breathing normally, she realized that though she was running holding the buggy, the baby did not cry. She looked inside now to see there was just a doll in place of a baby inside.

Khushi - What the. Crazy. People walk their dolls in buggies here? Where am I stuck here?

The empty impasse seemed so crazy with all the graffiti on walls and huge garbage tons. Something was stinking so badly. And the nearing voices of some men made her shiver, which brings her to the situation she was in, she thought. Trouble.

So she ran as fast as she could to get out of this street but slowed down upon seeing those men coming from the front with bottles into their hands. Chanting DM's name all the time, she walked past them and upon reaching the loaded main street, she finally felt somewhat safe.

* * *

"Where's the buggy, bitch?"

Khushi stood up with a jerk as someone shouted right into her ear. The buggy woman was back but with a male companion this time. Khushi gulped. She'd been so wrong when she thought that she could sit here in the small park peacefully for a while and watch kids play.

Man - I ASKED WHERE'S THE GODDAMN BUGGY?

The huge man stood straight in front of her, looking right down into her eyes. A strange fear formed inside her.

Khushi - B'b'b-b'buggy, th'th'there...ah'um

How was she supposed to tell them that she had left their buggy back somewhere. He looked dangerous. His one hit and she'd easily pass out. She so needed Arnav right now. She needed to be in his safe arms.

Man - SPEAK UP MOTHAFUCKA

That's it. He scared the hell out of her. She screamed and started running towards the playground. People in the park looked at her with confusion.

Khushi - HELP!

The man and woman reached her in no time but as some women sitting there did approach her, they didn't go further. Instead someone else caught their eye.

Her heart slowed down, her breathing got normal as she stood with those women asking her continually what's the matter and if she's okay. But Khushi couldn't rest.

* * *

Khushi - No. Leave.

She fell back with the little girl whose doll they snatched and started running away. It was too much now. Why did they steal the doll? They both stood up and Emma started grinning to which Khushi frowned.

Emma - They took the wrong thing. Come, I'll show you something.

The 8 years old held Khushi's hand and pulled her along to the outdoor play system. She crawled below and came back with a packet of some white powder.

Khushi - This? Um' flour?

Emma - No. This isn't flour. It's drugs. It was hidden in the doll.

Khushi's mouth hung low. Drugs! So that's why that woman ran away leaving the buggy. She must've thought she's from police, maybe undercover. That's insane. And what surprised her more was that this little girl knew about drugs. Kids today!

Emma - Oh oh, they discovered it. Run!

Both Khushi and Emma climbed up on the play system. A passing the parcel and run game started while that man and woman chased them on the playground. The other children joined Khushi and Emma innocently into groping the two. Together with all the kids, Khushi and Emma were successful at catching the couple.

(All mothers thought they're just playing and continued checking their instagrams :P)

Khushi patted herself on the back in her mind as she waved that packet in front of that man's face who was now stuck in that kids' tunnel system.

Man - FUCK YOU

Khushi - Hawww, bad language. Kids, don't say that. Not good.

The kids laughed as she knelt to them smiling. She looked at Emma and sighed in guilt. Unknowingly, she'd gifted her a doll with drugs. Thank DM, everything was well now and these two drug dealers were caught.

* * *

"Khushi!"

She almost ran and hugged him tight. Finally. She'd been waiting for him in the police station for a while now. Both took a sigh of relief.

Arnav - Khushi, tum theek ho na?

He'd been so worried for her. Since morning he'd been calling her but she just didn't pick up. At first he thought she must be sleeping but later on he started getting worried. Why wasn't Khushi attending his call? Could it be that she locked herself out? Somewhere around 4 pm, he couldn't take it anymore and had driven back to their apartment leaving everything only to discover his doubt come true. After that he'd searched all the surrounding areas one by one looking for her when finally he got a call from the police.

Khushi - I am not well. Am hungry, a lot. I need food.

He kissed her forehead nodding and held her closer. He'd been so scared for her. His life was stuck in this crazy girl.

Arnav - How did you get involved into this all?

Khushi - I'll tell you everything Arnavji but now, I am soooo hungry. I may die if I don't get some food in the next few minutes.

Arnav - Shut up!

He nodded in denial hugging her tight. He can't even bear the thought of losing her.

So after taking her to nearest Indian restaurant he could find on Google, he'd listened to her narrate everything while she ate with satisfaction. He couldn't help but think only Khushi has the ability to land herself in such troubles.