Part 9: After A Break

"How is everyone at home? I hope you had a nice time there."

She just nodded at his query. It irked him, she has been silent since the time she came out of airport.

Arnav - Khushi, please, talk to me. How long will you avoid me? You were away for two weeks. It was much punishment for me.

He grasped her hand in his' steering the wheel with the other one. She didn't turn to look at him. He sighed.

Arnav - What do I do to make it up to you? Please tell me.

Silence. Drop dead silence.

* * *

"I made cheese Pasta for you. I know it's not Indian but, I hope you like it."

Till when will she keep up this behaviour? It's like she isn't back from India yet. These two weeks had been harsh already. Whereas on the one hand, he missed her and needed her with him, on the other hand he couldn't just leave everything and go to India behind her. She was gone there to have some time off him. And he gave her the same. She didn't even talk much to him on phone. She didn't attend many of his calls and those in she attended he found himself having to lead and keep up a conversation which was tough with her not being responsive at all.

And now that she is back, he had hoped she would get back to her normal self and forget everything. But neither seems to be the case.

She got up collecting their plates to wash them but he took them away.

Arnav - Leave that. You must be tired, go up and rest.

She turned and walked up without protesting. When will she become his Khushi again? He is missing her smile and her chirpy talk. Her silence is killing him.

* * *

" Good morning. Here's your tea."

She woke up to a special treatment by her husband early in the morning and accepted the offered tea sitting on the bed. He took a seat beside her and ran his hand into her hair to which she looked away and got off the bed keeping the cup of tea on the night table.

He stood up and caught her wrist as she was to walk away from there.

Arnav - Khushi, stop avoiding me. For how long will you keep up with this?

Again no answer. That's it. He lost all his patience and pulled her back grabbing her arms.

Arnav - Enough is enough! I stayed cool long enough. What do you want? I did a small mistake, I apologized for it but you're hell bent on acting as if I slept with some other woman!

Khushi - Then go and sleep with some other woman. Who is stopping you?

Her reply gave away that harshness in her tone, equally spitting fire as his. His hold on her arms just became tighter.

Arnav - What do you want Khushi? What's your problem? Till when will this behaviour of yours go on?

Khushi - Maybe forever! Because I don't know what I want but I know that I can't forget what you did and can neither forgive you.

He set her free staring into her moist eyes while his hand formed into a fist.

Arnav - Toh theek hai, let's get divorced then. What's the use of staying in a dead marriage?

He grit his teeth to which she raised her eyes at him in utmost shock. Divorce? So he's ready to jump over to divorce promptly?

Khushi - Is it so easy for you? I am mad at you, won't talk to you so you will throw me out of your life, divorce me?

Arnav - Which other option are you leaving me? I accepted my mistake and apologized numerous times but forget forgiving, you aren't even talking to me!

Khushi - Why do I talk to you!? You not just hid about it from me but also acted as if nothing happened and I'm exaggerating.

Arnav - Because you ARE exaggerating! You don't want to forgive me then don't, but at least stop ignoring me. Talk to me, sort it out with me!

Khushi - Are you interested in sorting it out? If you just for once would have come straightaway to me and told me what happened, I would have not only forgiven you but forgotten everything. But now I know you go out with girls too and then hide about it from me too.

He closed his eyes taking a deep breathe in order to cool down. She was right and he knew it. Hiding it from her was the most stupid thing he could have done.

Arnav - Okay, I understand you. I should never have hidden it from you. It was another mistake I did. But the truth is, it didn't mean anything hence I really didn't care. But it's also true I didn't want to hurt you. I feared your reaction. I was sure that if I tell you, you'll get angry and go to Laxmi Nagar.

She looked away in anger crossing her arms on her chest. Tears forming into her eyes. He looked at a speechless Khushi and tried holding her hand in vain. So he made a move which had her eyes widen at his gesture. He knelt down in front of her holding his ears.

Arnav - I'm really sorry. Please forgive me. It was never a real date and I didn't have any bad intentions. I would never cheat on you. I promise.

Khushi - How do I trust you? Your words.

Arnav - My love is your lifelong guarantee.

Khushi - What if it fades? Your love. What if someday you don't love me anymore and betray me?

Arnav - I'll be honest. If that's ever the case, I won't play with your feelings. I won't ruin three lives. I'd tell you the truth.

She felt a slight pain in her heart as if someone poked her with a needle. It was not what she wanted to hear but he was as always rational so she did appreciate his brutal honesty.

Khushi - Theek hai, I'm ready to forgive you. But for the first and last time! But I want to know before, name one thing about me which you think could vanish all the love you have for me.

He stood up now grabbing her hand in his.

Arnav - There's no reason. I love you the way you are and will always do. Our relationship will always be the most important deal in my life.

She frowned in disbelief. Deal, seriously?

Khushi - You aren't even a bit romantic. Why am I even married to you!?

He smiled a bit and got up. He wiped her tears and pulled her into an embrace. She sighed and responded hugging him back.

Arnav - My love for you will never fade. You are and will always stay in my heart. And as long I live, I won't ever cheat on you. That's my word. And you know, Arnav Singh Raizada always keeps his word.

Khushi - Haan haan, Arnav Singh Raizada, I know. Still from now on, keep your boss self aside in front of me. But in front of other girls, always be the ruthless, rude businessman.

She pouted to which he responded with a smile placing a kiss on her head.

Arnav - Done.