Hangover

The doorbell rang and a half sleeping Khushi shot her eyes open and got up from the recliner with a jerk. Before going out she got a glimpse of the clock that showed the time to be 5 in the morning.

"Arnavji!"

She ran down before someone else would wake up and opened the door to see the three brothers holding their heads and looking pale and tired.

The many questions she wanted to ask just flashed away having a look at her husband.

"Arnavji? Are you alright?"

But he was so tired he didn't even answer her and then she noticed their condition. Arnav wasn't wearing his blazer and basket anymore and neither it was in his hands. His shirt was half open and even not buttoned properly.

NK was wearing another shirt than his sweatshirt when he left. She was sure he was wearing a sweatshirt. There was something that was different as she eyed her Akash jeejaji. He wasn't looking as usual. Despite his clothes were the same when he left, everything was fine but still there was something!

Ah! Where were his specs? He wasn't wearing them.

In the process of noticing the differences she forgot to let them in and just stood there looking at them.

"Erm...won't you let us come in?"

His serene and cracked voice brought her back from her thoughts and she stepped aside clearing the way for the trio.

All three of them straightaway just made their way to their respective rooms without even looking at each other. As Arnav didn't say anything Khushi followed him to their room where he let himself fall on the bed.

"Where were you?"

She jerked in annoyance as he again ignored her inquiry and closed his eyes. How dare this Laad Governor ignore her like this? She sat beside him and observed him as he dozed off. He didn't even change his clothes.

Well this is too far, he didn't even take off his shoes! And like a typical Indian idol wife she took off his shoes, covered him and slept next to him on her side. She will have to inquire tomorrow when he's completely in his full senses.

Next Day

Khushi came back to her room after having breakfast and helping HP clean the kitchen.

He was still in bed! Since they've returned all three have been sleeping. Akash and NK also didn't come to have breakfast just as him. He was still resting.

"Hmphf!"

It's time he wakes up. She can't control herself anymore. She wants to know about yesterday night. They were away the whole night and their phones were not reachable. Payal and her were so panicked when the clock struck 12 and their husbands were still missing. But they had made up not to say anything then. It would just make everyone worry and take away their peaceful naps.

"Arnavji wake up! You have slept enough." She pulled the quilt aside and shook him.

"Please Arnavji get up." Khushi tried to pull her husband up as he finally opened his sleepy eyes to peek through. His hand again went up to hold his head as he slowly tried to get up.

She saw him having difficulties and immediately moved closer and helped him.

"Are you alright?" She asked worriedly finding her husband in this situation.