100 Reasons

He snuggled closer to her and nuzzled into her neck placing soft kisses there. She turned with her eyes closed still and pushed him but.

Khushi - Let me sleep. Am tired.

Arnav got close again though she had created a distance between them. He pulled her into his arms now and blew away those loose hair strands on her face.

Khushi - Arnavji, I told you I'm tired. Leave me. I wanna sleep.

Arnav - That's not done Khushi. Since two weeks you've been making excuses. Either you're too tired or not in mood. Why do I feel like you're just avoiding me?

She opened her eyes now to face him and made a face.

Khushi - I'm not avoiding you Arnavji. I'm just being the wife you and your friends complain of.

Arnav - What?

He looked at her baffled now. What was going on in her crazy head now?

Khushi - Yes. Remember that party? You and all those business friend of yours were talking and complaining of your wives. Marriage is a jail for you and wife is the jailor. So for your information Mr. Raizada, a prisoner doesn't sleep with jailor. Leave sleeping, don't you even talk to me from now on.

He got it now. The party they attended two weeks ago. So that's the matter.

Arnav - Khushi, that was just fun. We were just joking.

She flared her nose and got out of the bed now pushing the quilt away and kept her hands on her hips glaring him.

Khushi - Why do you men always just have to joke about marriage and wives? Do you joke about your parents, brothers and sisters too? No. Only wives because marriage and wife is literally a joke for you. A joke you're tied into forcefully. And you men have no respect for your wives. Why do you men marry at all if you can't respect your partner? I thought you are different, that you respect me, but you are just like all other husbands Arnavji.

He also got up and walked to her to mend her.

Arnav - Khushi, of course I respect you.

Khushi - No you don't. Tell me one thing to prove that this marriage is a jail, a burden to you. I will right away give you the freedom to walk out of this relationship then. In fact, I'll myself leave now only.

Arnav - Khushi, please. Don't say that. You know I love you.

Khushi - Oh Arnavji, a prisoner doesn't love their jailor. You're in the wrong movie.

She crossed her arms on her chest turning to the other side. He held her elbows and made her face him.

Arnav - Khush, c'mon. Don't take everything serious. They were just joking. And I didn't even say anything.

Khushi - But you agreed on things and didn't deny either. You may not have cracked any wife and marriage joke but did laugh and agree when they did. What was that--ya, what will happen if your wife is kidnapped? Not a second passed and you replied instantly. 'I'll get peace of mind.' You can tell me if you are fed up of me. In fact, I'll just leave only to give you your peace.

Her eyes indicated hurt. Her face expressed disappointment.

He knew he was in serious trouble and had gone too far. But for his defense, he didn't have any idea that Khushi had overheard their talk while they were sitting around a table and drinking.

Arnav walked over to the cupboard and slid it off which she had opened in order to pack her clothes.

Arnav - Khushi, I was a bit..you know, drunk and didn't realize the seriousness of the matter. I don't know, just, it was a light talk we were having.