Chapter 32: Okay, What?

The events of yesterday kept playing in my head like a broken record. I tried everything to make it go away, but it still won't work. I tried keeping myself busy like reading my Science book—I found out some pretty interesting things too—but it would just magically appear. Then I tried playing Beyond: Two Souls in my PS3, but I couldn't concentrate no matter how hard I try. I even kept failing again and again. I couldn't even finish the training in the CIA even though I've played this game more than five times already. And to think that that part is just easy. See how distracted I am?

Eventually, I just gave up and paused my game then lied down on my bed with a sigh. There's no use playing it now anyway. I would just fail again.

It's not like the events of yesterday would just magically go away. It's not like I have the power to make that happen. What happened yesterday happened. There's nothing I can do about it.

Chase is probably having a good time right now. Together with the girl he likes. It's already four in the afternoon right now, so they're probably on their way.

Ugh, my poor breaking heart.

My phone beeped beside me and I looked at it to see that I had a message.

From: Hannah

4:00 PM

Hey Ams. Are you inside your room? Cause if you are, I suggest you go down and see something in the front door. It's. . . something else. Come on, go down. You have to see this. Btw, stop moping around.

P.S. I'm here in your living room with the others and of course, Shane <3 hahahaha

Yeah she definitely has it bad. At least she ended up with the boy she likes. And the boy she likes, likes her back.

It's even the first time I saw her put a heart on someone's name in a text before.

I laughed lightly and went out my room. I walked down the stairs and saw everyone huddling on the door with astonished expression on their faces. I walked towards them and they looked at me with a smile, but a glint of surprise is still present in their eyes.

"Look Ams." Sophie barely whispered and I looked at where she pointed.

Our porch is covered with rose petals, and there's a paper in Aiden's hand, his mouth hanging slightly agape.

"I think this is for you." Aiden said as he handed me the piece of paper.

In case this isn't Amber reading this, I don't care if you read what I wrote in here. You are bound to know sooner or later anyway.

So um, here goes:

The first place we met,
The first time you smiled.
The place I saw your blue contact lens,
And your shiny blonde wig.

That's your first clue. The last part didn't really rhyme, but oh well. At least I tried. So yeah, see you there.

- You know who I am

You know who I am? Could it be? I mean, isn't he with the girl he likes right now? The girl must have bailed so he decided to go and do what he was planning to do with her to me.

So now I'm second choice?

And does he really think I'm going? He seems pretty sure I'd be going. Arrogant prick.

"Wow." I heard someone say behind me and I turned around to see Paige's surprised expression.

"He really exerted effort, didn't he?" Blake asked and the others smirked.