Chapter 14; The wary girl, and the intelligent boy's brother

Picture is Grey

*I don't own the photos that will be put in the story, all the rights belong to their owners!*

*Unedited*

Enjoy the chapter!

*

"What did you tell your aunt?" Caleb whispered to me as we sat on one of the chairs at the big table, waiting for the food to be served.

It was Thomas' brother who asked me and Caleb if we were staying for dinner. At first, I said I had to go home, but one look at Caleb's face and I changed my answer. Caleb let out a relived sigh, which made me understand that he wasn't as comfortable with the boys as he was with me. Yet.

"Told her I was at the mall now, it was the city before." My words seems to have grab everyone's attention.

"Why is that?" it was Oliver who asked me. I shrugged, putting my hair in a long ponytail. "I don't have any friends." Caleb looked at me, and I almost chocked on my saliva. "I-I meant that she doesn't know I have! Oh my f- No, don't give me that look Caleb!"

Thomas gave me a look. "Well why doesn't she know?" he asked, making me sigh. "It's complicated, I guess." I saw them thinking of other questions to ask, but thankfully Grey came out of the kitchen with bowls filled with food in his hands.

After all of the food was gone, I told the boys I needed to go home already, before my aunt will realize I was out this late and be suspicious.

"I gotta go too," Caleb said quickly. A bit to fast, if you ask me, but he didn't seem to mind. I'm sure he had enough socialism for one day. Thomas got up, "I'll walk you to the door." I nodded, but it was his brother who said, "No you go up stairs with your friends and do your homework."

Thomas was about to disagree, but one look from his older brother got him to shut up. I raised a brow and pushed Caleb behind my back. "I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow then." I said and walked towards the door, pushing Caleb in front of me.

Just as I was about to open the door, Thomas' brother cut me of, and stood in front of us.

Now that, I didn't like. "What, do we need to give you a tip?" I asked, making sure Caleb was far from him again.

I felt like someone like him would make shy Caleb really uncomfortable.

"Those guys never made any new friends, so I thought I'll better make sure you're not thinking getting them into troubles. Especially you." I gave him a look.

"That better be a sexist remark rather than you implying I'm going to seduce them and brainwash them, you little-" "Rhi," Caleb whispered sharply in my ear.

I didn't remove my glare. Not until he walked away from the door, and I could open it and get out.

I didn't know what made me more wary.

The fact he basically threatened me and made such a remark, or the fact that we were the first new friends they had in years.

*

I wasn't so keen on seeing the boys the next day. It wasn't that Thomas' brother scared me, its just that I began to think that maybe I'm being pushy, thinking I can get into there friends' circle so easily without having any connection with any of them.

Truth is, I didn't even talk to them that much. What made it okay for me to watch movies with them, ask for their help and all those things friends do for each other?