Chapter 24

"Make sure that Percy Jackson, twice saivour of Olympus and bringer of Hope, enjoys his time remaining in the world."

When he finished, he flashed away, making The Avengers cover their eyes.

In the mean time, Percy was trapped in his mind. In his sleeplike state, he could have dreams just like the normal sleeping. However, that meant that he could have nightmares too.

So there was him, standing next to the cliff back in Tartarus, while the Arai flew towards them.

Them, yes, Them.

Annabeth was there too. And Bob, or Iapetus.

This time, though, it was diferent.

He couldn't move. Annabeth and Bob were fighting those winged curses, while he was just looking at them, existing.

"Percy! Help us, please!" Annabeth cried.

He wanted to. He wanted to step into the fight and just slash all the curses through their body. Even if that meant dying himself.

A lone Arai launced itself towards Annabeth, slashing her through her chest.

Then, the scene changed.

Percy found himself inside the elevator that was the Doors of Death. The Doors were still open and Annabeth was looking at him, with her eyes stained with tears.

"I have to stay!" She said. "I have to help them!"

Again, Percy couldn't move. He was paralized as he looked how the person he had loved was about to sacrifice herself so he could live.

Percy blinked. Once and twice.

The third time he blinked, Annabeth was no longer standing there. Her golden locks had morphed to a straight brown redish hair. Her stormy grey eyes were now two violet orbs.

Before him, Wanda was holding open the Doors of Death, saying goodbye to the demigod.

"I have to help them!" She cried. "But you can live."

Percy wanted to move. Percy wanted to cry. Percy wanted to shout and curse the fates.

But he couldn't move.

Then, the doors closed, leaving Wanda inside Tartarus and Percy closed inside the elevator.

He stared at the now closed doors. At the exact point were Wanda had decided to give up her life.

The walls of the elevator vanished and left Percy standing in pure darkness. He was not floating, just standing over nothing.

Finally, he could move.

He looked around, trying to find a way out or something else. A clue maybe. He was shocked to see a couple standing there.

Right before his eyes, his mother, Sally Jackson, and his step-father, Paul Blofis, stood smiling at him.

Something was different, thought. Percy could notice that almost instantly.

"M-Mom." He said. "You were pregnant?"

Sally Jackson dragged her hand over her oversized stomach and chuckled.

"It has been almost two years since last you saw us and the first thing you say is about the extra weight I've gained?" She commented humorously.

Paul put his arm over her shoulder. "Don't be so harsh with him, Sally. He is still shocked."

"Mom, Paul. H-How?" Percy stuttered. As Paul said, he was utterly shocked.