Chapter Twenty Seven|| The Ball

{Aurora's POV}

I was actually nervous. I was usually that person who couldn't care less about what someone thought about them but tonight it was completely different. I was meeting the other lunas, and for the sake of future events I had to behave.

Jackson and I sat in the car as he drove us to Ryker's pack. It was kind of a long drive and the dress was now becoming uncomfortable.

"How much longer?" I asked and Jackson shrugged.

"Forty five minutes give or take." He replied and I sighed slouching in my seat.

"I hate car rides." I mumbled causing him to chuckle.

"Don't we all."

Might as well get a nap in.

***

We eventually found ourselves pulling into the driveway of Ryker's mansion.

"Ready?" He asked watching other people enter and leave the house.

"I guess." I mumbled and he told me to wait and hopped out.

Seconds later, my door opened and he held his hand out of me and I grinned at his cheesiness and took it.

"I have to have you on my arm tonight, remember? Look at you. Anybody would want you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I think you think too highly of me." I shot back and he nodded.

"I'll always think highly of you, love. There's no other way to do it."

We made our way up the steps and inside the house and people bowed their heads in respect as we passed.

We were shown the ball room and I wasn't surprised to see the other alphas and lunas already there.

"Ready?" I just nodded at him and we walked in and to the table they were seated at.

Each couple was in a conversation, so Jackson and I just took our seats quietly and I turned to face him.

"Im surprised no one came up to you." I said and he shrugged.

"It's tradition to wait for the Alpha and his mate who holds the ball to come down before us alphas greet one another."

Another silly rule.

"Christian and his mate are here." I said and he glanced down the table.

"They are. Remember we're not alone, so today they're your king and queen as they are mine. We look at them with respect and show them respect, no matter how hard that might be to do." He told me and I nodded understanding.

I was still pissed at him for taking me as a prisoner. Scarlett did nothing to me, so I have no reason to be mad at her. I've heard she's been a great queen so far.

Finally, Ryker and his mate appeared at the top of the steps and everyone quietened down.

"I'll make this quick so everyone can get back to enjoying themselves instead of hearing me babble," He called out and the room filled with light laughter. "I would like to thank you all for coming to celebrate a very important night for me and my pack. It means a lot to my mate, Madeline, and to me. Merry Christmas, lets celebrate shall we?" I clapped silently as everyone cheered and hollered.

The two walked down and I took at look at Madeline, she was gorgeous. She walked past us and up to the other girls and Octavia, Mason's mate, was quick to pull her in for a hug as they chatted and soon so did Scarlett. I directed my attention away as they glanced my way.