Chapter 6 : First Impediment

A/N: Hello there readers.. First of all I want to apologize that it took me 2 months to update this story. Please blame that to my writer's block and my lack of imagination. Also blame that to my bunny for snatching my attention from this story. I wish you all could forgive me for that. 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

I made some changes regarding Aimee Rainecourt. Instead of Alexandra Daddario playing her and being her "model" on what she looks like. I made it a random girl named Nati. I will post a picture of her where I posted a pic of Alexandra. 

Aimee will have a black hair black eyes rather than drown hair and blue eyes...

That's all.. 

But here it is now... Chapter 6 of  "Beloved". Hope you all liked it. Some of you even messaged me to update the story and some of you posted on my page. For that I am sorry that i took a long long time to update. 

Well, enough chit-chat. Here's chapter 6. ENJOY!

~Scyrenne

 Text Copyright ©Cristelle Mae Gille ™ 2014

Twenty one of us are currently standing on a podium in the center of the town plaza. People are gathering around us to watch the screening. A long rectangular table was places in front of us below the podium where the people who adjudicators us will sit and give assessment on us.

They will only chose five.

I must be one of them no matter what.

In the days before, Asher and Clarissa have been preparing me. They gave me everything that I need from the list. Clothes, shoes, face powders, coal liner and lip paints. For a few days, Clarissa taught me how to walk right, though I might trip in those sandals. She taught me how to eat right and curtsy. Asher, my best friend, taught me how to waltz. He was a good teacher for he was patient with me. He knows I don’t do dances yet he patiently taught me even though I stepped on his foot a hundred times. I might not even be shocked if one of his toe nails are broken because of me.

“Put you hand on my shoulder.” He said. I lifted my left hand and placed my palm on his right shoulder. “Not like that. Lift your elbow and put your hand a little near my spine.” So I did what he said. “Ok. Now hold my left hand with your right one.” I held his hand. Reminiscing the memory of the day that he confessed his unrequited love to me, I became shy. So I looked down on my toes out of shyness. “Lift your chin up Aims. And back straight.” He corrected my actions.

When he was satisfied with my posture, he started to direct my foot back and forth, back and forth.  We were swaying from left to right. Turning and twirling together until we get to the proper rhythm. Hours passed and I have yet to memorize what foot to step first before the other. But all patient Asher never lost hope on me until I can dance waltz.

The day before the screening, I was a nervous wreck. I find no appetite to eat due to my nervous veins. My parents started to get worried. My mother asks me all the time if I’m alright and if I’m ready for tomorrow. My dad was just silent but I can see worry in his eyes. Worry for his only child. I know that if I can manage to make it in this screening I will leave my parents to travel to the main land. To the castle of the kingdom to meet other girls who has passed same as us and compete once again for the rights of being called queen.