78. IRL

They had been in Australia for 7 days with a further three to go. Loki was loving the beach and Paul and Cece were both happier than they'd ever been. The sun in Australia was different to the sun in Atlanta. It wasn't particularly hotter, but it was warmer, it warmed them from the inside out, making their happiness shine through.

This evening, they were going for a late-night walk down the beach. Luckily as it was so late, they had the beach practically to themselves.

"Do you ever see yourself moving back here one day?" Paul asked.

"To Australia?" Cece asked, before shrugging. "I always thought I'd retire here. But, as amazing as it is, it doesn't feel like home anymore."

"So where does feel like home to you?" he asked her.

"Atlanta," she admitted. "Anywhere with you. Your parents place in New Jersey."

"So basically anywhere I am?" he said with a laugh.

"You joke, but it's true. You're my home Paul."

They walked in a comfortable silence for a few more minutes, hand-in-hand.

"It's so pretty here," Cece said as the moonlight shone in the water. She sighed contently, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I know. I could stay here walking along this beach with you forever," Paul said.

"Same," she replied.

"You know, I think I knew I loved you the minute I met you."

"Really?" Cece asked him with a smile.

"Yeah," he said. "I knew that I wanted to be with you, to be around you, even if we could be nothing more than friends. And now that I know what it's like to be with you, I know that I never want this to end."

He stopped walking, took her hands in his, and dropped down on one knee. Then, he pulled out a ring box.

"Oh my God!" Cece said under her breath, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Cecilia Rose Cameron, I am madly in love with you. I love you more than I ever thought possible. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Will you, please, let me make you my wife?"

Cece glanced down at Paul, the person that she loved more than anyone else in the world, holding out to her the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen.

"Yes," she nodded, a smile etched on her face. "Yes, of course I'll marry you!" Tears sprung from her eyes as he slipped the ring onto her finger, before picking her up and twirling her around.

Then he placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I love you," he whispered against her lips.

"I love you too, so much," she whispered back.