Chapter 10

"What is he even doing here?" Kyle asked from beside me as the party resumed.

I turned around to face Ethan and narrowed my eyes at him. "What's going on?"

"That's your reaction on seeing your brother?" He asked me with an incredulous look.

"Did you invite him?"

"Maybe."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That's supposed to make you go to him and thank him for coming here." Ethan said. "Or do you want me to escort you?"

"Thanks. You'll just ruin it." Kyle said. "I'll go with her."

"Wait, I never told you I'm going to meet him."

"Why?" Zac and Lana asked together. "Come on, Nick is here. Literally. Not even dreaming."

"He wouldn't talk to me anyway." I said.

"You would only know about it if you try." Tyler said. "Come on, let's go before he changes his mind."

"Hey, didn't you hear what I said? I'm handling the situation. So back off." Kyle said, taking my hand and pulling me towards Nick.

My friends remained behind and watched us walk over to him. I pushed past few men on the way and Kyle's excitement was clearly showing.

"Kyle, I'm nervous." I asked him.

"Me too. See, sweaty palms." Kyle said.
I frowned. "Why are you nervous?"

"Why are you nervous?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you next."

"Ugh." I said. "I'm nervous because the last time Nick-"

"Hey Nick! Did you get the wrong address?" Kyle said, much to my dismay. "This is your sister's reception party. Do you remember that you've been staying mad at her? Yea, that's her. I think you intended to go somewhere else but you came to the wrong party."

"Kyle, I know where I am." Nick said, glaring at Kyle.

"Hey Kyle, Skylar." Chelsea spoke from behind Nick. We looked over his shoulder as she walked to us and hugged me. I smiled and before I could hug her back, two wild ladies jumped on us.

"What the hell! Get off of her you dogs!" Kyle said, trying to push Stella and Jen away from us. I quickly escaped from their lung crushing love and stood beside Nick while everyone else joined them.

"Nick.."

"I'm not here for you." He said, looking directly into my eyes. "I don't want the media to raise speculations as to why I skipped your reception party. That's why I'm here."

I slowly nodded my head. It wasn't like I expected anything more anyways. I saw this coming so I'm glad I didn't have any expectations about him forgiving just yet. He has a reason to stay mad at me, and I have a reason to wait until he forgives me.

"What the hell, did you guys just bail on me in the parking lot? I met you first!" Drake said, as he walked towards us.

"Guys, can we calm down? We're grabbing audience." Chelsea reminded us.

I looked around to find people giving us weird looks. I smiled anyways, and pretended it never happened.

***

"I must agree, Lucy is totally missing this party!" Lexi stayed from beside me.

I met Ethan's family as soon as we entered the hall but I couldn't speak with them for long as we had other guests to meet and I wasn't in a very good mood. So when everything was done, I caught up with Lexi and her mom. We talked for while until her parents had to leave for some important work, leaving behind me and Lexi to talk.