★Chapitre : Vingt-Neuf★

This is my longest chapter so far. You all wanted longer chapters and that is what I plan on doing. The people have spoken so shall it be granted.

*****

Sacrifices that are made could turn out for the good or it could go sour and cold.

Maddox

There was a mole in my gang that tried to get rid of me. I found out who it was once I did my research. He teamed up with my enemy. The reason - unknown to me. For years I had been in hiding. Leaving my babygirl and the love of my life behind faking my own death.

I managed to keep my gang life and family life completely separate. My wife only knew because I came home ever so often with cuts and bruises, sometimes even a bullet wound. When she got pregnant with Arden I made sure that she was safe.

Making that only possible if she was oblivious to it all. They found her after my death though, however Hawke is the only one that new her true identity. Who she truly was.

At home I was Grant and daddy. But at work I was Maddox the killing stallion.

I kept tabs on them through Hawke. He never told her he knew me as - me. He stepped in as father role and I was thankful for that. But I lost contact with him a couple of months ago. He was playing role as boss in my absence.

The enemies I conquered were no longer an issue because well, they are six feet under. The only one left was the rat living and breathing calling my fellow gang members his brothers. His death would not be easy. We didn't go in to depth and torture like the mafia but we had our ways. We tortured our enemies , if it was one of our own physical torture was not enough. Torture comes in various forms and fashions.

We preferred to mentally torture them.

The first place I went when I came out of hiding was to the hospital to see my sick wife. To my dismay she was not present, in fact she was nowhere in the damn hospital.

It was time to visit my gang. To see Hawke and find out more on my family and to flush out the snake in our midst. I got onto my bike and drove straight to the Beetham.

At the gate the guard stopped me. All I had to do was show him my eyes and he knew exactly who I was.

I stormed through the big doors and all chatting and activities came to an abrupt halt. People cleared a path for me and I slowly walked between my gang.

My eyes connect to the traitor and I charge at him like a raging bull seeing red. His eyes widening in shock. I didn't give him chance to think or react because I was already dragging his lean body towards the office I knew Hawke would be in.

Bursting through my office door I fling his body onto the floor. Hawke stands up from his chair, his face a look of confusion. The man on the floor tries to get up but I punch him in the face and he goes down groaning.

"IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS CUNT THAT I HAD TO LEAVE MY FAMILY FOR FIVE FRICKING YEARS!!!!!" I was ferocious.

"My sick wife , my daughter!!" I added kicking him a few times in the side.

Hawke stepped out from behind the desk and came to a stand still in front of me. Holding out his hand for me to take, it was a sign of respect. I grabbed his forearm and pulled him close patting his back.