02. Watch Me Dance

❝So I push it back down 'cause I never want to let it out

So I push it back down 'cause I never want to let it out.

Eden

It was once again late in the evening. No one left to be seen at this hour, yet again the sound of someone's footsteps filled the moist air in the old dance studio. A bottle of water next to a small backpack was standing in the dark corner, belonging to the girl who had just entered the room a few seconds ago. After she left her things aside, she quickly stood in front of the glass walls, looking her other self in the mirror, thinking of ways to improve herself, ways to prove that she can do better.

She can, and will do better.

Just like he did yesterday.

So she pictured him in the back of her head, her pale hands moving in the way his did yesterday, her small feet following the soft steps he took yesterday, as her heart beat slowly started to pick up its pace. Why did he make it seem so easy to do?

"You're doing it wrong." A low voice echoed in the almost empty room.

The mirror was once again reflecting an image, this time it was a girl and a boy. But the girl didn't notice the boy at first. She was so focused on her dancing that the only thing she listened to was the blood pumping through her veins.

"I said, you're doing it wrong." The voice got louder, its melodies jumping against the walls.

The girl stopped abruptly, her eyes widening in search for the sudden distraction. "What?" June exhaled, her petite body still trying to bring back the air in her lungs.

"Aish." With a roll of dark brown eyes, Jimin got in front of her, his feet making a few moves as if to show the mistakes June has done. "You're way too stern, you need to loosen up a bit."

And so he began.

Once again his body was singing the song of angels, his movements telling a story of a lost melody as June crossed her arms, trying to hide the admiration in her eyes. Who is he to tell her what she's doing wrong? After all, she had ballet lessons when she was younger. However, June would lie to herself if she didn't admit Jimin danced better than her. She knew that very well, though she didn't want him to know how much she truly admired him.

"Alright." She said, stopping Jimin from teaching her any further moves. "This is nice and everything, but I don't need a tutor. I can do this on my own, thank you." She stuck her nose up in the air, avoiding his glance with full pride as her heart once again started beating faster, a weird feeling inside of her stomach awoke.

"Oh, so that's why you're hiding behind those doors every night, watching me dance." He said, a sly smirk appearing on his face as he slowly walked away, leaving June with nothing but a pure embarrassment vivid through her now completely red cheeks.

. . .

a/n: i can't thank you enough for showing so much love for this book. i'm so excited to write more and i feel blessed to have you all here supporting me. let me know what you think, and please keep loving this story.

special thank you to tzuyan/jiminfication for being so nice and loving, for making my day a thousand times better. you're an angel.