Revelaete

DISCLAIMER ALL THESE PLACES AND CHARACTERS OWNED BY UNCLE RICK AND JK ROWLING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was old. like, really old. Older than me, by like, 50 years (how is that even possible). He had silver- white hair, with a beard going to his knees, that was tucked into his belt. He wore half- moon spectacles, and an emerald green cloak (what is up with wizards and cloaks???), but he had an aura of quiet power. He had a kind face, and a crooked nose, that looked like it had been broken many times (relatable).

"Albus Dumbledore. Nice to meet you at last." I said, and bowed once again. I was in that kind of mood.

"Ah, Nico." He said looking over at me from his half moon spectacles, and held his hand out for me to shake. "Likewise."

I shook his hand.

Moody frowned. "Albus, you know this boy?"

"Yes, his mother and I were great acquaintances, and I have talked with his father and his- ah- headmaster about this little visit.'

That hit me as a suprise. Father said that he has talked to him to arrange this 'job', but I had no idea that he knew my mother, nor that Chiron- he must have been talking about Chiron- knew. Why hadn't they told me? They could have let me know, like, the day before, rather than early in the morning on the day I had to leave.

Dumbledore looked at me strangely. Suddenly, I could feel something in my head, tugging at my memories. I frowned and reinforced the borders to them. No one, even an old man who knew my mother, would see what I had seen.

My necklace put something in my mind. 

Legitamance

He can go through memories, the necklace explained. He can detect your thoughts, and big emotional outbursts are easiest to read. 

"Rude." I said staring at him. "To go through ones memories without one's permission."

I was delighted to see a look of confusion go over his face. He brushed it away and smiled.

"I'm sorry, I could hardly resist."

"It's fine."

"Now, Nico, would you like to come with me to a private room so we can have a little chat?" he said, ignoring the looks of complete bewilderment on the others face's.

We found a quieter, private room several rooms away from the dining room, so not to be heard.

"Now I am quite aware of your job to protect Harry and his friends. I just wanted to ask if you have any questions?" Dumbledore started, but he was looking puzzledly at me. 

I wasn't listening, because I was finding out when Dumbledore was about to die. Next year , the spirits whispered. With Harry Potter.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

Dumbledore sighed. (It's not my fault I've got ADHD!) "I was just saying that I am aware of your task, and I was asking If you had any questions."

I looked thoughtful. "Can I trust the werewolf? because werewolves where I come from are terrible."

He smiled. "Ah, I see that you and Remus have already met?"

"Yes. I almost strangled him."

He frowned. "You can trust Remus. He was bitten when he was a child, and he can't help the side effects."

"Thanks."

"While you are at Hogwarts, feel free to come into my office at any time. I will keep you up to date  on password changes." He said, smiling again.

"One last thing."

"Ask away."

"Is there a simple spell that can reveal age? One that the students can perform?" I looked at him. "If you knew my mother, than I'm trusting you know about my- my complications with my age."

He looked a little down hearted. "The spell is revelaete. it is an easy kind of spell, unfortunately. You will have to be carefull."

I frown. "Di Immortals." I mutter.

The old man looked at me sternly. "I do not approve of swearing in any language. I trust you not to do it at my school."

"Sure."

We leave the room, and go back to the dining room.