0 | 8

"I don't swing that way."

look at me | jake

____

"So... what you're telling me is that he dumped you as soon as you told him about the cancer?" Mads asked Ella again. She nodded.

"What a douche!" Mads exclaimed.

He was more than douche. What kind of guy does that. God help me if I ever met him I'd give him his money's worth.

"Ehh." Ella shrugged her small shoulders. "I don't care anymore, just shows it wasn't meant to be. To be honest he annoyed me most of the time. Always dragging me to football games, then ignoring me when I was over to play video games."

I don't understand. I really don't. If Ella was my girlfriend and at my house I would-

Nope.

Not gonna think about that right now.

It's been almost a week since Ella arrived. Mads spent most of it quizzing Ella.

"What about you guys?" Ella asked drawing me back to the conversation.

"Me? I've had my fair share." Mads smiled. "What bout you Jake?" She smirked.

I sighed. Mads knew my history.

"I had my fair share too..." I said, trying to avoid details, but Mads wouldn't have it.

"Yeah right. You've had definitely more than your fair share Jake." She laughed slapping my shoulder.

Let's just say that was an understatement.

"Jake had a bit of a... stage... let's just say." I glared at Mads trying to make her shut up. I looked at Ella who didn't seem surprised by this information, and for some reason that hurt. I was just about to pick up my book when Ella spoke up.

"So how long have you guys been together?" She asked curiously, pointing between me and Mads.

Now that surprised me.

"I-I-..." I gasped. Mads cackling beside me.

"Oh Sweetie!" Mads laughed again. "I..." Laugh. "I don't swing that way." She gasped out.

Ella sat there in shock, before I caught a look of relief, making me happy.

She thought we were together.

Me and Mads.

Like that would ever happen.

"Oh my gosh!" Ella laughed, slapping her hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry. It's just you two bicker like an old couple, I just thought..." She wondered off laughing.

Then all of us were. Laughing our heads off.

"This place was far too boring without you Ella, you know that?" Mads gasped still out of breath.

And I couldn't help but agree.

___

"200 dollars please!" Ella smiled, lifting her hand towards me. I looked down at the monopoly board.

She'd done it again.

How does she win every single game?

I started to collect her money from the banker's tray.

I mean seriously the girl literally owned three quarters of the board.

Mads was out.

And I only had 15 dollars to my name.