Four

*DISCLAIMER: I don't know much about pregnancy since I've never been, so I am going purely off of research and my cousin's pregnancy stories. Please do not @ me if something is wrong!

----

July 26th, 2015

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Harry was lying on Niall's bed, hoping that his stomach would calm down. The bug that he had caught over a week prior was rearing its ugly head, although he didn't feel like he had anything. He had thrown up at least six days in a row out of the eleven that he had been "sick." He wasn't sure what was wrong with him. Harry was never one to get sick and when he did, he wasn't usually one to vomit. Even drowning himself in orange juice and cold medicine wasn't kicking it.

"Are you going to be alright to perform tonight?" Niall asked, walking out of the bathroom.

"I'm not cancelling a show for this. I feel fine, really. I just throw up once in midmorning and then I'm fine," Harry told him. "I think I'm just exhausted. I've been feeling way overtired after shows recently too."

Niall quirked his eyebrow and sat on the other bed, chortling a laugh. "You sound like your pregnant."

Harry looked down, sadness washing over him. "Yeah..."

"Shit. I'm sorry, mate. I forgot," Niall apologized, sitting next to him and wrapping his arm around Harry's shoulders. "Don't cry. I'm sorry that I brought it up. It just came out. Please don't cry."

"I'm not," Harry retorted. Then he felt his cheeks only to feel the residue of tears on the back of his hand. "Why am I crying? I didn't want to cry."

"H, it's okay to still be hurting about this. You spent almost five years with the guy and it's barely been two weeks since you've broken up. You're entitled to a grieving process, mate," Niall told him, rubbing his back.

Harry was glad that he had Niall as a friend and valued his kind words, but he wasn't understanding that Harry really wasn't as upset as Niall thought he was about the situation. If anything, the whole concept of pregnancy was just annoying to him. He wasn't going to break down in tears at the slightest mention of it. That wasn't him. So, why he was crying was a complete mystery to him.

"Hey, Niall," Liam's voice called out as he walked through the conjoining door. "Hey, Harry. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I think so," Harry responded, wiping the tears off his face.

"How are you feeling?" Liam wondered.

Harry explained to him how he had been feeling for the past however many days, which also threw Liam for a loop. "I honestly think it's related to exhaustion, but it's just weird that it's happening now. This is the most lax tour that we've had because of the day break between each show. You know what I mean?"

"I can see your point there, but honestly, it doesn't sound like exhaustion. I know that affects everyone differently, but these symptoms...they sound like they're something more. I think you should see a doctor. We've got quite a bit of time before we have to be at the venue tonight," Liam said.

Harry shrugged. "I don't know. I just don't feel like there's any reason to."

The only reason that Harry ever went to the doctor was if something was seriously wrong. He needed solid proof that he was sick - like not being able to keep anything down or sweating profusely from a fever. The doctor also cost money. It wasn't like Harry was struggling with his finances, but he tried to live like he did. He didn't spend as much as people thought he did. He was raised to have the mentality of "even if you're rich, live like you're poor." He thought twice about every financial decision he made, including a doctor's visit.