Chapter 110: Send Off

"Sissy...why aren't you coming with us?" Hera asked as she wrapped her arms around my neck, trying to haul me with her onto the wagon.

"Because I don't have to go to school for another year," I explained with smashed cheeks. "So you're going to have to let go."

"Bu-But!"

"No buts either."

Adri was cinched onto my other arm while Chord was wrapped around my leg, and I had to go intangible to safely get them off.

I guess someone learned how to nullify spells chant-lessly, because even if I cast [Intangible] it didn't go into effect.

"Hera, I'm glad that you are thinking outside the box in learning magic, but you can't use it on me. I'll be very unhappy if you do something like that again, okay?" I scolded her with a tight smile as I slipped out with another spell. These children and magic...they could be scary. They are scary now, but they will be even more petrifying in the future.

"What did she do?" Mother came up to me and became the next person to pick me up and never let go.

"She canceled my spell with a nullification type spell."

"Nullification...isn't that supposed to be an extremely rare type-?"

"Yeah. It's not that rare, if you think about it," I waved off Magaris, who had been hitting the books a lot lately. Brownie had been trying to train her for some reason, which I found extremely curious. She escaped from him with the excuse of books, learning magic through that to become a mage. The only thing wrong with that was that her stats were horribly off kilter, and she had no magic aptitude whatsoever. If she wanted to become a top tier Claymore wielder, however, which was a type of long and thin two handed sword, she would have no problems. "All you have to do is imagine the magic currently being cast, being unable to take effect. It's like someone's trying to light a candle and you constantly blow it out."

"That's Fir, for you. The first magic lecture and they aren't even in school yet," Father came up while shaking his head. "Luckily, you'll have a few more days of freedom from learning before you have to officially go to school."

That's right. School is supposed to start on the tenth, and today is the third since they were leaving early. Mother's and my birthday passed two days ago, where we ate the cakes that Marinette made for us and had me take back. Mother was so happy that she really wanted to meet Marinette, so we spent a whole day in Zueltina where Marinette and Mother, almost similar in age, clicked as friends and they dashed around getting to know each other.

Father, Hera, Chord, Adri, Anthem, and I were left to wander by ourselves. So I took them sight-seeing, found Gabriel along the way and met Mrs. Lisa again, who almost broke down in tears as she thanked me endlessly about the Wilhelm thing. Apparently she had gone to other places and asked about the "alog" I had removed from her husband, and learned that it could indeed be fatal if not taken care of.

It only hit her then that she could have lost him forever had I not come along. I guess I had to thank Kitri for what he did at the time, or Mrs. Lisa's husband would be dead.

Anthem and Chord were specifically looking around warily as we went down the streets, Father finally asking what's up as they tried to hide their faces.

"Knight had told us to never come back, because if the Church would see us alive then trouble would start brewing again."

My jaw dropped as I turned to the siblings again, looking up at them with pale skin.

That's right, I did say something like that.

"Here," I dragged them down an alley like it was perfectly natural while uber cautious. "Don't freak out, but you won't have your...human...ears for a while."