Pain

[December 29]
2 weeks. 2 weeks since I last heard of him. He doesn't answer my calls, or my texts for that matter, and I know I deserve it. I can't just leave and show up when I want to, but I'm trying. God I'm trying so fucking hard to get him to talk to me and failing miserably might I add. All I have from him now was that note he left me when I woke up alone the next day. I'm just feeling so empty, and I know that it's my fault and that it's all on me, but I'm desperately trying to fix it. He just won't give me a chance. He doesn't want me to hurt him again, and I respect that. I do, but the least he could do is try. Maybe I don't mean that much to him anymore, and maybe it's my fault. Last week I tried showing up at his office in Stark Industries, but a nice random worker, whose name was Larry, informed me that he was with Pepper and he didn't want to be disturbed. I tried again later that week and swung by his lab one afternoon, and he...refused to me meet me. I don't know if he enjoys watching me hurt, but if this is his way of pushing me away, it's fucking working. Christmas was great this year, I've spent it with my mom and step-father. Tony threw a Christmas party too, but apparently I wasn't invited. Nat wanted to invite me as her plus one, but I decided against it. He clearly didn't want me there.

****

<Avengers Tower>

"Hey, Vision!" I waved and he smiled.

"Is Tony in?" I dared to ask, and Vision's smile dropped and he looked to the ground, hesitating whether he should tell me.

"Actually, Mister Stark asked me to tell you not to step foot in the lab." He whispered and although I remained composed on the outside, I was slowly shattering from the inside.

"Well I ain't fucking playing by his rules." I cursed and moved past Vision to the elevator, and down to that prick's lab.

****

<At the lab>

"Are you fucking kidding me, Stark?" I spat as I walked in.

"What do you want? I'm busy." He mumbled in disinterest.

"Your not busy, I would like to know why I should not 'step foot in your lab,."

"Because you're distracting me, anything else? I have things to do."

I scoffed unintentionally.

"How long is this going to go on?" I whispered, my voice laced with anger and hurt.

He finally turned to face me, but he stayed silent.

"That's how it's going to be? Me trying to fix this, and you pushing me away and hurting me in return?"

"That's not fair, Valentina! You broke this first, that's on you!" He pointed towards me, yet his voice was so calm and collected.

"Can we talk about this some place else?" I asked and again he stayed quiet.

"Well, I know it's not Saturday, but maybe we could go grab lunch at the diner, what do you think?" I asked hopefully and he bit the inside of his lip before replying.

"I think I'm busy, Valentina."

Taking one last look at him, I turned around to leave, but then I decided. I decided to tell him because this is just too painful.

"You want me to walk out that door right now, with no intention of coming back? You want me to walk out of your life to free you of my annoying self? Say the words, Stark. Say the words and I'm gone." I told him. His lips parted slightly, but then he quickly hid it with indifference.

"You can do what you want, Valentina." He shrugged turning back to his work.

"You know what?!" I slammed my hand down the metal bench, making him turn in surprise.