26. More Than That

Thor is still lying defeated on the ground, yet the Asgardian raises his hand to summon Mjölnir in hope to win this fight somehow. But Loki's grip around his dagger tightens once again and his weapon runs through his brother's arm, cutting off his hand before he can call out his hammer. Thor cries in pain and presses his wounded arm against his chest as the crimson color spreads incredibly fast.

Aurora feels like vomiting at this sight and she forces herself to get up. Jane rushes over to Thor but the raven-haired man grabs her, dragging her away from her beloved and ready to present her to the approaching enemy and Dark Elf.

"Malekith!" Loki roars with conviction and Aurora's hand is carefully placed on her quad blaster. He throws Jane brutally like an object to the ground in front of Malekith's feet. "I am Loki of Jotunheim and I bring you a gift! I ask only one thing in return, a good seat from which to watch Asgard burn."

Aurora presses her lips together as she waits for the right moment to start the fire. Loki's condition distracts her though, she shoots him a longing look. He's eaten by hatred and revenge although he can be so much more.

"He is an enemy of Asgard, he was locked in a cell." The Algrim, the monster that killed Frigga, whispers to Malekith. Aurora understands every single word due to her translator implant. Malekith walks over to Thor, arrogance lying on his face.

"Look at me." He demands but Thor doesn't react, so he uses his foot to turn the prince like a cockroach. Pain is written on Thor's expression and he is suffering. Behind her back, Aurora's slowly taking out her gun in a smooth way to be inconspicuous.

Yet, Loki's hand suddenly lands on hers, as if he read her mind, holding her back to act. She wants to hit his face for beating her, a rage is boiling up within her and she just wants to shake off his hand. But from the corner of her eye, she can recognize a little, almost an unnoticeable shaking of his head.

"Let me go- "

Trust me, his voice shoots through her head as he's still hiding their linked hands behind their backs, squeezing her hand slightly. Her heart races as she feels his thumb drawing calming circles on the back of her glove, a gentle and soft gesture. What is he doing?

The plan, she realizes and remembers that Thor had a plan. Is this part of it? Or did it get out of hand? As she takes a deep breath, she decides to trust Loki, ignoring her mind's advice. Don't make me regret it, don't make me regret it.

Malekith stretches out his right hand and lifts Jane in the air, a swirl of dust surrounding them. The brunette floats in the air as the Dark Elf starts to extract the every piece of the Aether out of her. The scarlet mist leaves her body and is shaped into a cloud until Jane collapses to the ground.

"Loki, now!" Thor suddenly yells and pushes himself off the ground. The God of Mischief lets go of Aurora's hand and reaches out to break the illusion of Thor's injury. Within the green light, his brother's hand returns and Thor calls upon his hammer to create a powerful lightning.

Thanks for including us in your plan. And I an idiot almost shit myself, Aurora mentally groans but she has to admit that she's damn impressed. Pulling out her gun, she's about to shoot at one of Malekith's men until Loki drags her down to cover her and Jane.

Emerald meets blue and he glances at her with such a humanity and anxiety that it makes her weak. He is concerned about her, trying to shield her with his body as much as possible which is luckily no problem, due to her height. The proximity is intense and Aurora can feel his breath on her skin, his heartbeat on her chest as her own accelerates rapidly. Loki's eyes are way too long attached to her, drowning in them.